cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Love the Windows Phone 8.1 Samsung Ativ S Neo

Journeyman

Re: Love the Windows Phone 8.1 Samsung Ativ S Neo

Of course im enjoying cortana that's why i gotten a windows phone and not a iphone because Siri is not that smart lol..

Journeyman

Don't why you say visual voicemail is buggy it's been working fine since before i upgraded to wp 8.1 :-)

VisualVoicemail.jpg

Master

thenet95,
Great! Happy connecting!
- Alexes
Sprint Social Care
Master

thenet95,
Thank you for contributing to the community. We really appreciate your posts!
- Alexes
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

seriously...why is it taking them so long...my co-worker has a.t.t lumia 925 and he's been updated to 8.1...

if sprint doesn't update im going to jump ship, sprints lack of support for windows phone is sad...going back to the sad lineups of wp7 devices and now the 2 wp8 phones...very sad...

Journeyman

Yes - it is all about customer service and up to this point, I have been taken care of by Sprint.  With the upgrade to 8.1, I feel that we have been jerked around.  I've been to my Sprint store and to the Microsoft store.  No one wants to help other than to say I can load the Developer Preview which by the way voids the phone warranty and no one can tell me if it will upgrade gracefully to the real upgrade if and whenever it appears.  (I've had problems in the past with Microsoft desktop OS developer to real versions.  Sometimes it worked.  Other times it was wipe everything out and start from scratch with the real upgrade.)

I don't want to leave Sprint but as this wait continues with no clear feed back from Sprint as to what the problem is which is delaying the release.  I've even volunteered to help field test the upgrade to help.  There is either something terribly wrong which seems strange because other carriers have it or they really don't care since they'd rather support the iPhone 6 roll out which obviously will help their bottom line much more than upgrading a Windows Phone.  I'm leaning towards thinking they are just like the others - they forget loyalty is a two sided relationship.  I guess they did say in the beginning it would be by the end of September before we started hearing it would be sooner.  I'll wait until then to decide based on what they do or don't do.

Journeyman

Sprint has always been pretty crappy about communication with customers. I suspect all carriers are though.

I simply don't see anything from Samsung either which obviously has to provide Sprint with the code. I did find recent stats on WP 8/8.1 showing about 25% of WPs were on 8.1 but one thing interesting. Samsung only has about 1.1% of all Windows phones with Nokia having the lion's share.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Windows-Phone-8-1-Now-on-25-of-Smartphones-Nokia-Lumias-Own-95-of-the...

All this tells me is this cannot be very important to Samsung but hopefully they eventually keep part of their word. They said 'this summer', hopefully that does not become 'oops, did we say that? We mean never...'

Journeyman

Sprint needs to provide the Windows 8.1 phone update or notify its customers that it does not intend to support the update.  There are too many customers who have been asking this question for months.

Journeyman

if you are here to help, please let me know when Windows 8.1 phone update will be released for my Samsung ATIV NEO....or admit that Sprint does not intend to support the update.

Journeyman

You have not gotten 8.1 yet?your ,missing the fun since April. lol..love cortana and live folders and file manager so cool features. They can advertise iphone6 which is a joke has that iphone6 still looks same and they all preorder it because of more bigger size lol...ridiculous. Which others phones already have bigger size for past 2yrs.

cortanasteve.JPG

Master

KRUCIFIEDKEVIN11, Thanks for being a loyal Sprint customer. The 8.1 update will be pushed directly to the device by the manufacturer. Please allow some more time. - Erica
Journeyman

Thank you for the response.  However, your comment is contrary to other reports.  Microsoft released the update months ago.  Their message is that the service provider will deliver the update when it makes certain that the update works with its internal software.  Sprint blames Samsung.  Samsung claims it's a Sprint matter.  Everyone is pointing fingers at the other.  Meanwhile, I pay Sprint for the service.  Even if Samsung is responsible, why can't Sprint communicate with Samsung and let its customers know when the update will be released.  Rumor has it that Sprint wants to push the new iPhones before it releases Windows 8.1 update (if it ever does), because Windows 8.1 is such a good OS.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat