cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS Problem: Get Media Content tapped, but never gets the content.

Highlighted
Journeyman

MMS Problem: Get Media Content tapped, but never gets the content.

Sprint Ativ S Neo with W8.1 with most current phone update.

I've had this problem not only with this Neo but also when I had the Arrive. I will get an MMS (not a group text, but an MMS with a media attachment) and it won't automatically download the media, even though my Messaging Settings have the auto-download set to "On". When I tap "Get media content now" it will linger on "Getting media content..." for a few seconds then go back to "Get media content now." I tap and hold, but not error appears in the pop-up box. This mainly happens on cell data and usually works when connected to wifi.

Solutions I have tried:

Turn data off for a minutes then turn back on.

Update Network.

Set to airplane mode, then turn it off. <-- This has worked in the past sometimes.

Soft reset.

Set SIM settings to CDMA.

Remove SIM card and soft reset. Then reinsert.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Master

dgeata, How long have you experienced this issue? Are you still experiencing this issue after your troubleshooting? - Currie Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

For well over a year by this point. It will come and go in stretches. Sometimes someone will send a MMS and I won't get it for almost 12 hours!

There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why. Yes I still have this problem. I have an MMS right now that refuses to pull down its media contents, even after all the above steps.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've seen the same thing on mine.  It's not a fairly often occurrence, but it does happen.  As mentioned, sometimes it will be hours later before it will actually download.  I've never had it not download, but just delayed by a few hours.

Highlighted
Master

dgeata, I would like to take a deeper look into this for you. Please send us a private message with the requested information http://bit.ly/1qQty1X - Currie Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat