cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS Problem: Get Media Content tapped, but never gets the content.

Journeyman

MMS Problem: Get Media Content tapped, but never gets the content.

Sprint Ativ S Neo with W8.1 with most current phone update.

I've had this problem not only with this Neo but also when I had the Arrive. I will get an MMS (not a group text, but an MMS with a media attachment) and it won't automatically download the media, even though my Messaging Settings have the auto-download set to "On". When I tap "Get media content now" it will linger on "Getting media content..." for a few seconds then go back to "Get media content now." I tap and hold, but not error appears in the pop-up box. This mainly happens on cell data and usually works when connected to wifi.

Solutions I have tried:

Turn data off for a minutes then turn back on.

Update Network.

Set to airplane mode, then turn it off. <-- This has worked in the past sometimes.

Soft reset.

Set SIM settings to CDMA.

Remove SIM card and soft reset. Then reinsert.

4 REPLIES 4
Master

Re: MMS Problem: Get Media Content tapped, but never gets the content.

dgeata, How long have you experienced this issue? Are you still experiencing this issue after your troubleshooting? - Currie Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

For well over a year by this point. It will come and go in stretches. Sometimes someone will send a MMS and I won't get it for almost 12 hours!

There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why. Yes I still have this problem. I have an MMS right now that refuses to pull down its media contents, even after all the above steps.

Journeyman

I've seen the same thing on mine.  It's not a fairly often occurrence, but it does happen.  As mentioned, sometimes it will be hours later before it will actually download.  I've never had it not download, but just delayed by a few hours.

Master

dgeata, I would like to take a deeper look into this for you. Please send us a private message with the requested information http://bit.ly/1qQty1X - Currie Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat