cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Windows Phone 8.1 Available on AT&T Samsung ATIV S Neo today

Journeyman

Microsoft Windows Phone 8.1 Available on AT&T Samsung ATIV S Neo today

Just in the News:

Microsoft Windows Phone 8.1 Available on AT&T Samsung ATIV S™ Neo - See more at: http://blogs.att.net/consumerblog/story/a7796410#sthash.i57IrJXj.dpuf

So is Sprint going to now have Windows Phone 8.1 available for Ativ S Neo users? We can just sing the song "Only need is a Miracle" lol..

=========================

AT&T customers with a Samsung ATIV S™ Neo can begin downloading the Windows Phone 8.1 software update for their phones today.

The Windows Phone 8.1 update for the Samsung ATIV S Neo includes Cortana, a personal virtual assistant built around you. Cortana is the only smartphone assistant who can set reminders by people as well as time or location. For example, she can remind you to talk to your friend about plans for the holiday party when they call or remind you to sign up for spin classes the minute you arrive at the gym.

Windows Phone 8.1 for ATIV S Neo also brings new key enhancements in:

• Personalization: Live Tiles with multiple sizes and color options let you pin apps, music and people to your Start Screen, so you see the information you want to see, just the way you want to see it.
  • Windows Across All Your Screens: With OneDrive, Skype, Office and Bing, the Windows experience extends across all your screens—phones, tablets, PCs and Xbox—so you can shoot, share, work and play on-the-go.
  • Word Flow Keyboard with Shape Writing: The updated Word Flow keyboard with Windows Phone 8.1 knows your contacts, learns your phrases and has shape writing integrated right in so there’s no need for a separate app. 
  • Xbox: With Xbox games, music and video in your pocket, you have even more entertainment options when on-the-go.
  • Efficiency: Windows Phone is optimized to help you do more, with the Action Center for managing notifications and quick actions, and a new suite of device and data management tools.

For more information on the Windows Phone 8.1 update, check out this Mobile Minute.Here’s how to download the Windows Phone 8.1 software update for your AT&T ATIV S Neo:

• For a successful install, we recommend your phone’s battery is at least a 50 percent charged.
  • To begin the download you can click the Settings Live Tile > then tap Phone Update. You will then be prompted to download the update and restart your phone. 
32 REPLIES 32
Journeyman

Re: Microsoft Windows Phone 8.1 Available on AT&T Samsung ATIV S Neo today

They don't call Sprint the "maybe someday" network for nothing so who knows!

Highlighted
Journeyman

For me i don't really care since windows phone developers preview been working great. I can wait if it ever will come.

Journeyman

A sprint sent update may include firmware update that could clear up many of the issues with the Developer Preview.  Ideally would be nice to get the update then put preview on again, best of both worlds.  So Sprint, where's the update?

Master

DERGHKAGE,

Thanks for reaching out. Once updates are available they will be pushed to your device. For upcoming info and updates for windows, keep checking Sprint.com > Community> Devices> Windows OS.

- Laura
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

True the preview is working nicely for me as well but it would be nice to get the official update. Why? Because right now there isn't any new Windows Phone that I'm interested in and I don't see any upgrade worthy phones coming in the future either, so I'll be with the Neo for a while.

This pretty much confirms what I already thought, Samsung has been holding the update up! It's funny how they started with the oldest model ATIV S and then went to AT&T's Neo which came out after Sprint's Neo.

Journeyman

Yes Samsung is holding it up but don't know why. But I do know the developers preview will be having another update this week or next week. Can' wait for what they will update or add next.  

Journeyman

Also interesting how tmobile, ATT and Verizon now have HTC One M8. While sprint at least can't get it

Master

thenet95 - Thank you for the feedback. If you ever need assistance we're here for you. - Robert
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Awsome... Microsoft has just release build 14203 for Windows Phone for those enrolled in the developers preview program

update to Windows Phone 8.1.1 isn't a major update but does add a few useful new features. We already expected there to be some improvements for the Battery Saver app, but we weren't expected the OS update scheduler.

Here's what's new in build 14203 for Windows Phone:

• Battery Saver improvements
  • NTP (Network Time Protocol) working for more folks
  • OS update scheduler

Battery Saver gains a Live Tile with real-time battery status and Quick Action integration. To enable the Quick Action feature for Battery Saver, just go to settings -> notifications + actions and select Battery Saver for one of your icons.

Journeyman

According to another post in the Windows section they may be getting it but time will tell.

Journeyman

I hope they get some Nokia Lumia Windows 10 devices that are high end! Even if its called Microsoft Lumia devices I'll be happy with it. I know it will get better support than a HTC or Samsung device. I'm happy with my Ativ S Neo and I will not get a mid or low budget Lumia device like the 735 or 635. So mid year or 2nd quarter next year is when Microsoft will be dropping their High end Windows 10 devices. If Sprint isn't on board, I'll be leaving for Verizon or AT&T. It is said the new phone will run the Snap Dragon 810 and possibly have 3D touch.

Sprint expects to get new Windows Phone in the near future!

http://www.windowscentral.com/sprint-expects-it-will-offer-new-windows-phone-devices-near-future

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat