cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Windows Phone 8.1 Available on AT&T Samsung ATIV S Neo today

Journeyman

Re: Microsoft Windows Phone 8.1 Available on AT&T Samsung ATIV S Neo today

The Windows Phone 8.1 update is on some Samsung Ativ S Neo devices with more to get it this week. The HTC 8XT is in certified stage and is coming soon.

http://www.windowscentral.com/sprint-rolls-out-windows-phone-81-update-samsung-ativ-s-neo

Journeyman

Have you gotten your 8.1 update firmware yet?

Journeyman

Not yet. I'll post it as soon as I get it.

Journeyman

Yeah will post mine soon also.

Journeyman

Windows Phone 8.1 has came to the Samsung Ativ S Neo and now it finally comes to the HTC 8XT http://wmpoweruser.com/the-windows-phone-8-1-update-now-available-for-the-sprint-htc-8xt/

Journeyman

Hasn't come to mine yet! Makes you wonder just how many Neo's are floating around out there.

Master

DIALM4SPEED

If you have any questions or concerns, let us know. We're here to help.

Kendra
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

If you're running developer preview on your phone that's why you're not getting the update yet.  There is a thread here about it.  You need to follow instruction carefully to downgrade your phone correctly before getting the update.  Hope that helps!

Journeyman

What the hoopajew???  I thought this was NOT going to be necessary?

So Sprint Care if a person does NOT feel like going through all that re-flashing business, can they just take it to a Sprint store and have them do it??

Journeyman

Im now downgraded back to wp 8.0 and now installing the latest sprint wp 8.1 firmware. waiting for firmware and if you still have DP on your phone will not detect the firmware phone update. Will post screenshot when down. So far I can see the installation of the gears running.

Journeyman

Don't get too excited just yet. It was stated that the app is available to everyone. As of now, the app isn't accessible in the store. I've had the app awhile ago. I hope they release Windows 10 for mobile at the Microsoft event on the 21st. Windows 10 for the PC is nice! http://wmpoweruser.com/microsoft-appears-to-confirm-insider-preview-program-for-all-on-january-21st/

I know the app is not working yet. It will be working when they will announce it on 1/21/15 and yes i am getting my hopes up because it is already confirmed they will announce the Insider app to be available for people to test it out. Also is why Microsoft cancelled the WP 8.1 GDR2 Update because they want to focus on new Windows Mobile 10. So yes it is coming. Like i said i told you so. So you really don't need to update WP 8.1 since you can't even update your 8.1 firmware. I don't know how well it will work out on WP Mobile 10 without firmware?

Microsoft Canceled Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 – Report - Softpedia

Journeyman

Sources are speculating the Windows mobile 10 will be able to update the latest firmware as well. I hope that's true. Still I wont get my hopes up because I don't want to be disappointed if it does not get released on the 21st but some time later. Everyone announces things coming out soon but it always seem to be later. Again, I can't wait to see what the Microsoft event will have for us. The phone insider app was updated a few days ago. B-)

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat