Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Windows Phone 8.1 Available on AT&T Samsung ATIV S Neo today

Highlighted
Journeyman

Microsoft Windows Phone 8.1 Available on AT&T Samsung ATIV S Neo today

Just in the News:

Microsoft Windows Phone 8.1 Available on AT&T Samsung ATIV S™ Neo - See more at: http://blogs.att.net/consumerblog/story/a7796410#sthash.i57IrJXj.dpuf

So is Sprint going to now have Windows Phone 8.1 available for Ativ S Neo users? We can just sing the song "Only need is a Miracle" lol..

=========================

AT&T customers with a Samsung ATIV S™ Neo can begin downloading the Windows Phone 8.1 software update for their phones today.

The Windows Phone 8.1 update for the Samsung ATIV S Neo includes Cortana, a personal virtual assistant built around you. Cortana is the only smartphone assistant who can set reminders by people as well as time or location. For example, she can remind you to talk to your friend about plans for the holiday party when they call or remind you to sign up for spin classes the minute you arrive at the gym.

Windows Phone 8.1 for ATIV S Neo also brings new key enhancements in:

• Personalization: Live Tiles with multiple sizes and color options let you pin apps, music and people to your Start Screen, so you see the information you want to see, just the way you want to see it.
  • Windows Across All Your Screens: With OneDrive, Skype, Office and Bing, the Windows experience extends across all your screens—phones, tablets, PCs and Xbox—so you can shoot, share, work and play on-the-go.
  • Word Flow Keyboard with Shape Writing: The updated Word Flow keyboard with Windows Phone 8.1 knows your contacts, learns your phrases and has shape writing integrated right in so there’s no need for a separate app. 
  • Xbox: With Xbox games, music and video in your pocket, you have even more entertainment options when on-the-go.
  • Efficiency: Windows Phone is optimized to help you do more, with the Action Center for managing notifications and quick actions, and a new suite of device and data management tools.

For more information on the Windows Phone 8.1 update, check out this Mobile Minute.Here’s how to download the Windows Phone 8.1 software update for your AT&T ATIV S Neo:

• For a successful install, we recommend your phone’s battery is at least a 50 percent charged.
  • To begin the download you can click the Settings Live Tile > then tap Phone Update. You will then be prompted to download the update and restart your phone. 
32 REPLIES 32
Highlighted
Journeyman

The Windows Phone 8.1 update is on some Samsung Ativ S Neo devices with more to get it this week. The HTC 8XT is in certified stage and is coming soon.

http://www.windowscentral.com/sprint-rolls-out-windows-phone-81-update-samsung-ativ-s-neo

Highlighted
Journeyman

Have you gotten your 8.1 update firmware yet?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not yet. I'll post it as soon as I get it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah will post mine soon also.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Windows Phone 8.1 has came to the Samsung Ativ S Neo and now it finally comes to the HTC 8XT http://wmpoweruser.com/the-windows-phone-8-1-update-now-available-for-the-sprint-htc-8xt/

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hasn't come to mine yet! Makes you wonder just how many Neo's are floating around out there.

Highlighted
Master

DIALM4SPEED

If you have any questions or concerns, let us know. We're here to help.

Kendra
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

If you're running developer preview on your phone that's why you're not getting the update yet.  There is a thread here about it.  You need to follow instruction carefully to downgrade your phone correctly before getting the update.  Hope that helps!

Highlighted
Journeyman

What the hoopajew???  I thought this was NOT going to be necessary?

So Sprint Care if a person does NOT feel like going through all that re-flashing business, can they just take it to a Sprint store and have them do it??

Highlighted
Journeyman

Im now downgraded back to wp 8.0 and now installing the latest sprint wp 8.1 firmware. waiting for firmware and if you still have DP on your phone will not detect the firmware phone update. Will post screenshot when down. So far I can see the installation of the gears running.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Don't get too excited just yet. It was stated that the app is available to everyone. As of now, the app isn't accessible in the store. I've had the app awhile ago. I hope they release Windows 10 for mobile at the Microsoft event on the 21st. Windows 10 for the PC is nice! http://wmpoweruser.com/microsoft-appears-to-confirm-insider-preview-program-for-all-on-january-21st/

I know the app is not working yet. It will be working when they will announce it on 1/21/15 and yes i am getting my hopes up because it is already confirmed they will announce the Insider app to be available for people to test it out. Also is why Microsoft cancelled the WP 8.1 GDR2 Update because they want to focus on new Windows Mobile 10. So yes it is coming. Like i said i told you so. So you really don't need to update WP 8.1 since you can't even update your 8.1 firmware. I don't know how well it will work out on WP Mobile 10 without firmware?

Microsoft Canceled Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 – Report - Softpedia

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sources are speculating the Windows mobile 10 will be able to update the latest firmware as well. I hope that's true. Still I wont get my hopes up because I don't want to be disappointed if it does not get released on the 21st but some time later. Everyone announces things coming out soon but it always seem to be later. Again, I can't wait to see what the Microsoft event will have for us. The phone insider app was updated a few days ago. B-)

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat