cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Samsung Ativ S Neo has been updated to GDR3

Journeyman

My Samsung Ativ S Neo has been updated to GDR3

Thanks Microsoft for final update of GDR3. No need wait for sprint to gives us windows phone updates. Love the new features added. Who else updated their Windows Phone 8. Microsoft will start to roll out these GDR3 updates next week. For me has developer i can update it ASAP. :-) Below are some new features added and there are more features. My Samsung Ativ S Neo is twice has fast. Since windows phone is fast and fluid anyway.

6tag-519403693-566883367069006794_519403693 (1).jpg

V__E0F7.jpg

wp_ss_20131014_0003.png

6tag-519403693-566896021334505702_519403693.jpg

wp_ss_20131014_0008.png

wp_ss_20131014_0009.png

wp_ss_20131014_0007.png

33 REPLIES 33
Journeyman

Re: My Samsung Ativ S Neo has been updated to GDR3

does visual voicemail work? Do you actually get voicemail notifications? lol

Journeyman

For your info visual voicemail is a Sprint App and Not a Windows Phone app. Also I don't use visual voicemail and yes I do get voicemail notification.

Also LOL to you too.

Journeyman

cool, unfortunately I am stuck with visual voicemail on my neo with sprint. If I uninstall it the regular voicemail notifications don't work for me like they did on my old arrive. Sprint visual voicemail doesn't work either so I am stuck with a device that doesn't notify me when I get a voicemail. Sprint has said the neo only has visual voicemail through their app and will not work in the old way. I wonder how you got yours to work?

Journeyman

I just gotten already 7 voicemail notifications already today. Since I don't have visual voicemail installed and don't want use it since it's a buggy Sprint app and just glad mine been working

Highlighted
Journeyman

How do i get this for my Ativ S Neo?  does it resolve the issues with reboots and voice mail notification?

Journeyman

Sprint/Samsung hasn't officially released this for us yet.  The OP got the early release through developer account.

Journeyman

That's right us developers gets it sooner. While troll like you gets it last.

Journeyman

Been using update and No it does not fix voicemail issue. Remember visual voicemail is a sprint app. It's not a Windows phone app. Also who knows when sprint will give you update. I updated it myself and working excellent.

Journeyman

Also about reboot issue I never had no problems with my Neo before I had upgraded to GDR3. So I can't tell you if it will fix the reboot issue.

Journeyman

By the way, you don't need to be a developer or have a developer account to get gdr3 from Microsoft on your NEO.  Just download windows phone 8 sdk and register your phone as a developer phone.  Once that is done you download windows phone developer preview app from Microsoft and then you can do settings>phone update and it will download and install gdr3 just like OP.  I just did it and I don't have a developer account (didn't pay the $19 yearly fee).

Keep in mind doing it this way will not get you sprint/samsung oem drivers/software but that may not be a big deal for you.

Also, after the gdr3 update, I'm still not getting toast notifications for voicemail... with or without visual voicemail app.

Journeyman

I have no problem getting my voicemail notifications and working fine. I never used visual voicemail. I removed it since I gotten the phone first day launch. If your not getting voicemail notifications than your neo is a lemon.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat