cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Samsung Ativ S Neo has been updated to GDR3

Journeyman

Re: My Samsung Ativ S Neo has been updated to GDR3

Anyone else with roaming disabled and unable to modify them in cellular because the boxes are grayed out with a notice to contact the provider?  Not being able to roam on my device is a pretty significant impact to me daily.

Journeyman

Pay MS $19, and you can be a "real developer" too! Try putting that on your resume! "I'm a real developer!" That will get as much attention as "good at using internet forums."

Journeyman

no I am having no problems. My Neo been working excellent. I know iPhone and Android have problems. Those phones are junk

Journeyman

your a troll not a developer. Those tools are for newbies like you to use. Go back play with your iPhone toy.

Journeyman

I'm a real developer! I promise! Its my job title! Says so on my business card! "Real Developer" I'll send you a copy of my card so that if you ever need an app written, you know who to call!

Journeyman

lol... Sure it's ok be a dreamer. Business card hahaha sure order it at vistaprint.com hahaha... Ok I have an app for you. Fix Sprint visual voicemail app hahaha.

Journeyman

I've applied GDR3 on my phone using the method described by MGUENNEWIG. However - unlike wonderboy - my phone still crashes after taking pictures (happened 3 times over the weekend) and my phone has dropped bluetooth pairing from my truck twice. I got one voice mail this weekend and was correctly notified of it, but it was from someone not listed on my address book, have not yet gotten a voice mail from someone on my address book, so can't speak for that part yet. I still get the annoying admin/stale notifications all day long.

Sorry to disappoint, but looks like the update doesn't fix any problem we've been having. We're all still waiting on Sprint... I have a feeling we're not ever going to get an update from sprint though... too bad.

Journeyman

I have updated to Windows Phone 8.1 and I love it. I have done a video on how to get the update. Just search "Windows Phone 8.1 update on Sprint" to see my video instructions.

wp_ss_20140417_0002.jpg   

Journeyman

As long as you don't need to factory reset after the update, you should be good. Otherwise, I might say to hold off until MS and Sprint figure out the MMS/cellular fix as the preview debrands the phone or otherwise breaks the network connection (removing the Network Profile update option under settings, even manual programming of MSID, etc doesn't fix it) - though it does appear to fix the long standing voice roaming issue (waiting on verification on that in actual practice). These two things are related, of course, since Sprint's network profile has had quite a bit of trouble with WP in general.

Course, if we can get the APN settings from Sprint, the MMS/cellular data thing can be fixed since that is a new menu option under the 8.1 preview (under Cellular+SIM).

Journeyman

Jeremy,

Do you have "Settings-->active your device"?  This will provision the phone on WP 8.1.  Network Profile Update is gone, but "activate your device" works fine.

I can erase my carrier profile by using ##72786# to reset the carrier information, then use "activate your device" to make it work on Sprint again.  However, doing this process does not fix the roaming issue on 8.1.

Journeyman

Network Profile Update is gone but it does show my Usage summary. >Activate/Manage Account is there. The activate your device is a Device Self Service. Under cellular + SIM is where the roaming options can be changed.

Journeyman

Blue_Frog,

Don't want to clog up the forum with my problem, so I'll just reply to you elsewhere.

Thank you,

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat