cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No voicemail indicator (visual voicemail or standard)

Journeyman

Re: No voicemail indicator (visual voicemail or standard)

I've been having the same issues as everyone else since I got the phone 3 days after it launched.  The visual voicemail app never worked right for me, ever after repeat attempts to uninstall and reinstall, including after the app was updated on 8/23 to v6.1.0.1.  If you look at the reviews of the app in the Microsoft app store there are 108 ratings and 99% of them complain that the visual voicemail application is not working for them.  The number of bad reviews grows each week.  I can't even get the stock voicemail indicator to work by uninstalling the app.  According to a thread I read somewhere, one user had to do a factory reset on the phone and then immediately uninstall the visual voicemail app before ever running it in order to get his stock indicator to work again.

As with everyone else, I have to manually call in to determine if I have a voicemail.  This is just sad.  When is Sprint going to fix this mess?  Visual voicemail works just fine on my old Samsung Moment running Android 2.1 and it works fine on my wife's new Note 3 running Android 4.3.  Why can't Sprint get it to work right on either of the Windows phones they currently offer?  I had a HTC Arrive (Windows Phone 7) for over 2 years, during which time Sprint never offered a Visual Voicemail application for it (not sure if Microsoft was also to blame) and I was excited to upgrade to Windows Phone 8 to get that feature back.  Now I have less functionality than I had on WP 7!!!

Journeyman

The Visual Voicemail application does not work on either of the Sprint Windows 8 devices. I started out with the HTC 8XT and was switched to the Samsung ATIV-S at the store. The problem is not with Windows 8. I know many people with Windows 8 Devices on other carriers. The Visual Voicemail on other carriers follows the Microsoft standards for offering Visual Voicemail. On AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile Visual Voicemail is part of the phone app. Sprint has chosen to follow their own software development path and is using a 3rd party developer to create their version of Visual Voicemail. Sprint's Visual Voicemail is a separate application that simply doesn't work. The feedback option gets no response. The store's don't sell enough Windows Phones to even know what to do when you bring it into them. Tech Support says there are no known issues. And now I see this Sprint Representative on this thread offering to replace the phone. What would they replace it with, an Android Devices or an iPhone. I tried an iPhone and was not impressed. I won't use Android since I value my personal data. I just renewed my contract with Sprint to get multiple lines updated to the newest devices. I have been a Sprint customer since is was Sprint Spectrum and I have had Windows Devices since they first came out back in 2003. It is not like Sprint hasn't had access to the Windows Phone code in their labs since it was released. Sprint wants to differentiate themselves, but is unwilling to focus on what they do well. They are not a software company. Please find a way to fix this problem. 

Journeyman

Sprint, what is the status?  I received a new update to 'active your device' app and it didn't solve any of my voicemail issues.  Still doesn't work!  How much longer do we have to wait for a real fix or a real update on status?

Journeyman

So today I tried yet another sprint customer service call for this issue on my Neo.  I was hoping to at least get a status update on this issue.  I got a very helpful service rep on the call that did the following things:

Temporarily remove voicemail feature from my account, then add it back.  (This of course would cause you to lose your voicemail settings and any voicemails you have saved.. wasn't a problem for me and I didn't care).

Reset voicemail, voice, and 4g lte features on my account.

These steps caused my phone to do a network update.  The rep then hung up with me (I was using a different phone line) and called my cell to test voicemail.  See did two tests and both times it worked as it should.  I received voicemail notification immediately (toast notification with sound) and visual voicemail icon was updated with !.  I entered visual voicemail and it immediately downloaded the message and played beautifully.  I thought for sure my issues were finally fixed.  Turns out, it seems that only calls/voicemails from sprint seem to work.  After hanging up with sprint, I called my cell from another line and left a voicemail and also had two friends do the same.  I wasn't notified on any of those voicemails.  I had sprint test again and it worked fine.  Very strange that voicemails originating from sprint customer service work but others don't.  Extremely disappointing.  I had a similar experience the first time I went to my sprint corporate store on this issue.  They got it to work a couple of times in store but as soon as I tried it on my own after walking out of the store it didn't work.

Back to square one..... sigh

Highlighted
Journeyman

I wanted to join in .....Issue #1- Phone locks after camera usage and requires a reboot. Issue#2- Voicemail indicator does not work. Issue #3- Bluetooth sound quality is poor and randomly disconnects / drops calls.

Come on Sprint, why can't you get this fixed!!!!!!!!!

Journeyman

I'm also having the same problem. I consider myself a pretty advanced user and have tried all of the standard troubleshooting tips. Still no voicemail indicator. I was excited to try the new windows phone and there are a lot of things that I like about it, but it seems like the "phone" part of it was an afterthought.

Wizard

REguy,

Thanks for the post. Sorry to hear your having these issues with the phone. Have you taken the phone to one of our Sprint owned service and repair centers to have a tech look into it?

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I took my phone to the Sprint Store, they could not get the voice mail indicator to work, so they gave me a new phone.  Well guess what, the new phone has no voice mail indicator either.  Whats the deal??  How do you find out if you have voice mail, other than calling in to check?

Journeyman

As outlined in this thread as well as the large thread in the HTC 8xt forum, many have tried multiple trips to sprint repair centers (including myself) and we don't get a solution.  They have been unable to fix it for me and won't let me return the device since I am beyond the 14 day window (even though it never worked and both wp8 display devices in the store have the exact same issue).  Give us a real update on what is being done to correct this issue!

Journeyman

A user in the 8xt forum discovered that if you don't have the incoming call number as a contact on your phone, and they leave a message, the toast notification and visual voicemail will work as designed.  If the voicemail is from a contact already in your phone, it won't work at all.  Very interesting.  I've tested this a bunch last night and this morning... it works every time for me as long as I don't have the number in my contacts.

Journeyman

My Samsung neo voicemail notifications works fine and never have a problem. Like I said before you have a lemon phone. You should return it and get another one

Journeyman

I'm glad yours is working.  Mine, as well as many other NEO and 8XT users, are having these issues.  The wp8 display devices in the sprint stores near me have the same issue.  I guess they are all lemons?  Unfortunately, sprint won't let me return the device even though it doesn't work.  They won't help me in the stores.

Good day sir.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat