cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No voicemail indicator (visual voicemail or standard)

Journeyman

Re: No voicemail indicator (visual voicemail or standard)

I wanted to join in .....Issue #1- Phone locks after camera usage and requires a reboot. Issue#2- Voicemail indicator does not work. Issue #3- Bluetooth sound quality is poor and randomly disconnects / drops calls.

Come on Sprint, why can't you get this fixed!!!!!!!!!

Journeyman

I'm also having the same problem. I consider myself a pretty advanced user and have tried all of the standard troubleshooting tips. Still no voicemail indicator. I was excited to try the new windows phone and there are a lot of things that I like about it, but it seems like the "phone" part of it was an afterthought.

Wizard

REguy,

Thanks for the post. Sorry to hear your having these issues with the phone. Have you taken the phone to one of our Sprint owned service and repair centers to have a tech look into it?

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I took my phone to the Sprint Store, they could not get the voice mail indicator to work, so they gave me a new phone.  Well guess what, the new phone has no voice mail indicator either.  Whats the deal??  How do you find out if you have voice mail, other than calling in to check?

Journeyman

As outlined in this thread as well as the large thread in the HTC 8xt forum, many have tried multiple trips to sprint repair centers (including myself) and we don't get a solution.  They have been unable to fix it for me and won't let me return the device since I am beyond the 14 day window (even though it never worked and both wp8 display devices in the store have the exact same issue).  Give us a real update on what is being done to correct this issue!

Journeyman

A user in the 8xt forum discovered that if you don't have the incoming call number as a contact on your phone, and they leave a message, the toast notification and visual voicemail will work as designed.  If the voicemail is from a contact already in your phone, it won't work at all.  Very interesting.  I've tested this a bunch last night and this morning... it works every time for me as long as I don't have the number in my contacts.

Journeyman

My Samsung neo voicemail notifications works fine and never have a problem. Like I said before you have a lemon phone. You should return it and get another one

Journeyman

I'm glad yours is working.  Mine, as well as many other NEO and 8XT users, are having these issues.  The wp8 display devices in the sprint stores near me have the same issue.  I guess they are all lemons?  Unfortunately, sprint won't let me return the device even though it doesn't work.  They won't help me in the stores.

Good day sir.

Journeyman

You say it works every time as long you don't have number in the contacts?

Well that's terrible might has well remove everyone contacts. Like inlaid my voicemail works excellent and gotten already 9 voicemail already and gotten toast notifications also. Not even have visual voicemail for a month.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Visual voicemail is a sprint app and not a Windows phone app. So sprint should at least fix this issue asap if you say many Neo and 8xt users are affected. Like I said I removed visual voicemail and anything that had sprint app installed and voicemail been working excellent for me.