cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming options grayed out on GDR3

Master

Re: Roaming options grayed out on GDR3

Jeremy,

I apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced and I am sorry to hear that you think we are  not helpful. Believe me that we are working diligently on a fix. 

Jen R 

Sprint Social Care Team 

Journeyman

Troubleshooting?! Have you tried reading?

Journeyman

I have GDR3 and CAN select Domestic Roaming.  I am having no trouble with the update.  And the new camera fix installed just fine with GDR3 installed. 

Journeyman

LonnyL69, would you mind sharing your OS and firmware version numbers? It might help us pinpoint what's up.

Journeyman

wp_ss_20140209_0001.png

Highlighted
Journeyman

LonnyL69 - While I'm really happy for you that you have no issues with roaming, this makes the problem even more annoying because this, to me, seems to prove the fact that there is not a problem with the device or software itself, but something Sprint needs to fix through some kind of pushed update to my (and others with the issue) device.

Sprint customer care, are you reading this?  Please fix my account!

Journeyman

Thank you, Lonny! Guess you did the dev preview (or flashed), then, to get the OS: 8.0.10521.155? Cool.

Interesting that my Neo (SPH-I800) has a different radio software version (1621.13.7.6). Everything else (aside from the FW and OS update) is the same. Maybe that radio software version is the difference in this case.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to post it for us. Like Tomn18, I'm happy for you (and there must be others like you), yet I'm eagerly awaiting a fix that will allow me to use my phone on trips of any real distance from the city...

Journeyman

Jeremy, I don't think it's the radio version because I have the exact same one as Lonny.  I'm pretty sure it's something with the profile that Sprint pushes to the device.

Journeyman

Sigh...I thought that was overly simplistic, but worth a try. You're probably right, Tom.

Master

tomn18 and others,

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience and frustration this issue has caused you. I have escalated this issue to our device managers, which should lead to an official response from Sprint. I hope that the response will lead to a resolution. Stay tuned.

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Any update on this issue? Still a problem that no one wants to acknowledge at Sprint.

Master

jcroynhp,

Thanks for the post, the last agent notified our device team of the concerns brought to us on this forum. Once we have an update it will be posted here.

Eduardo

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat