Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming options grayed out on GDR3

Highlighted
Master

Re: Roaming options grayed out on GDR3

Jeremy Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us at anytime. . Mirleine Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm not arguing, more like debating. Some things may have come out misleading and could have been reworded but the facts remain in both of our statements. I too visit WPCentral, WMPoweruser, and XDA developers and I have left comments their along with others. At those sites people blog about the news, new updates, their problems, their fixes, and some don't have any problems at all. The people on those sites are with different carriers with different problems. With BETAs, there are bugs that have to be worked out and we the BETA testers are to report the problems in order for there to be fixes and a smooth working OS for the customers to update to with little problems. To be truly honest, everything has bugs even after it supposedly leaves BETA. I have left caution in my written instruction and video instruction. I know everyone don't have good experiences but everyone also don't have bad experiences. Most of the people I came across on those sites have had great experiences and a few have had bad. I advise everyone to not just take my word for it but also learn from peoples mistakes and success on the different websites and make a wise decision! More good sites are Softpedia, Engadget, Cnet, PocketNow, and PhoneArena. I BOlieve there will be a fix to the problem soon since September is so close and that's the end of the Summer. If not, Sprint has some explaining to do. Can't point the finger at Dan Hesse anymore.

Highlighted
Master

APOCALYPSEAD - If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. - Latonya
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Another customer has found a solution.

ANAJEEJONES replied (in response to APOCALYPSEAD) 1 day ago

I figured it out. There was no problem with my OS; the phone was faulty. I had them replace the phone(for free, I might add), install all windows phone 8 updates and then I put the Dev back on it with all updates. It is working awesomely now. Thanks for the advice, Apocalypsead. As for sprint customer care, you guys need to get on the ball. There should be no reason why your subscribers should have more product knowledge than you! If we asked you a question about Android, iOS or even Blackberry you would be able to support it. Like it or not, you guys need to get trained and updated on how to support a Windows Phone. And you may ask yourself who am I and why do I feel this way: I am a former trainer for Sprint who made sure that all of my classes were on their game concerning all products that we supported.

I'm quite sure some customers might not want to do this because the process can be timely, but it is a solution that works. Especially since we know what not to do from the BETA testers. Still, there is a chance that Sprint will release their version of Windows Phone 8.1 update 1 in the next 4 weeks before the Summer officially ends. Lets hope Sprint honor their statement several months earlier.

With the new CEO and an announcement this week, lets hope we get lower pricing plans since the T-Mobile merger didn't go through and T-Mobile is so close to surpassing Sprint in customers, that's if they haven't already taken the number 3 spot.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The last day of Summer is September 22, 2014 That's how long Sprint has.

I shall reword the statement with "NO ONE HAS HAD ANY PROBLEMS UPDATING TO 8.1 UPDATE 1 BESIDES SOME CUSTOMERS WITH HTC WINDOWS PHONES." There are customers with faulty devices, and there are customers with well working devices. Others and myself have had a great experience. I hope the problem is solved for those who are having problems with their BETAs. The issue for some Sprint customers is the Roaming issues. Some people who have had those problems have had it fixed. There are different solutions. I will post five of them here. As far as Visual Voice Mail goes, that is an app issue that Sprint will have to fix and update in the Windows Phone store. I have no problems with V V M on 8.1, but it is still buggy. Every carrier has different complaints by customers and BETA testers on Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, etc. The one main complaint on all carriers are the HTC phones, but some of those are getting fixed. Windows Phone just got another update to Windows Phone 8.1 (8.10.14157.200). For those who are updating for the first time, do not do a hard reset! And when you get the developer preview, you will be able to get the long awaited official Sprint version of Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1. Here are the five solutions for the problems with Sprint customers.

Solution 1.

ANAJEEJONES replied (in response to APOCALYPSEAD) 1 day ago

I figured it out. There was no problem with my OS; the phone was faulty. I had them replace the phone(for free, I might add), install all windows phone 8 updates and then I put the Dev back on it with all updates. It is working awesomely now. Thanks for the advice, Apocalypsead. As for sprint customer care, you guys need to get on the ball. There should be no reason why your subscribers should have more product knowledge than you! If we asked you a question about Android, iOS or even Blackberry you would be able to support it. Like it or not, you guys need to get trained and updated on how to support a Windows Phone. And you may ask yourself who am I and why do I feel this way: I am a former trainer for Sprint who made sure that all of my classes were on their game concerning all products that we supported.

Solution 2.

My MMS wasn't working either and I got that Error 225 not activated message.  Did the ##72786# reset and it didn't work..Then I got on the phone with Steve (2nd line of support) and Steve fixed it. When he looked at the account, there was nothing wrong.  Here's what he did:

turn off phone

Steve blocked MMS on my account

Steve un-blocked MMS on my account

turn phone on

Phone updated profile

able to send MMS now

That Steve is a good guy to know....

Solution 3.

Currently Being Moderated

Hey Buel, I was in the same boat, but you can try this: Use Cortana, search for "Network Profile" - swipe to the left once to bring up search results on the phone, click on "Network Profile" - this takes you to the *missing* Network Profile settings page.

Source:

HTC 8XT - Sprint - Windows Phone 8.1 - Update PRL?

This works for some people. Good luck!

Solution 4.

• How I got data (Profile Update) to work on my 8XT, items covered/tried while on the phone with Sprint/HTC
  1. Found that the "Update Network Profile" selection was missing after the hard reset.
  2. Did ##786# to get into Service Tools, > selected MSL, input password 508214, selected MSL again, selected than inputted the MDN than MSID that Sprint gave me than hit save. Phone will reset. Spent about 30 minutes with Sprint without getting data back.
  3. 3. Called HTC for help, they had me pull the SIM (which rebooted the phone),  several minutes after power up re-inserted the SIM, phone than rebooted itself. Entered ##UPDATE# on keypad and the phone than reloaded the network profile and data was back. Have kept the WIFI off and the phone has been great, only issue still working is how to get notification for waiting voice mail.

Solution 5.

This is something I over herd in the Sprint store from two customers conversation. Have Wifi connected while doing the ##786# and then do a Device self service from the settings > activate your device. The whole process may take several attempts before it works.

wp_ss_20140820_0001.png

wp_ss_20140820_0002.png

Highlighted
Journeyman

APOCALYPSEAD, thanks for the post. If you have any questions or concerns, please refer to the newsroom.

-Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

You beat them to it lol.

Master

APOCALYPSEAD Hello, is there anything that I can assist you with? - Nijan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Maybe, but I already know your answer to the question. Thanks anyway.

Highlighted
Master

APOCALYPSEAD

We are here to help. Let us know.

Thanks
Pamela
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint might get its first Nokia Lumia Windows Phone!!!!!!! http://www.wpcentral.com/microsofts-lumia-735-selfie-phone-could-be-sprints-first-lumia-ever

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat