Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming options grayed out on GDR3

Highlighted
Master

Re: Roaming options grayed out on GDR3

tomn18,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately we do not manufacture the device or the operating system and would not have rolled out tech that would alter it to gray out any options. We process all feedback to said manufacturers for a timely resolution and certainly hope to be able to roll out any changes from them as soon as they are available. Thank you.

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree whole-heartedly,

Anyway, Dan, these aren't enhancements we're looking for - this is basic functionality. Functionality that feature phones have had for nearly a decade. Voice and data roaming options were greyed out for both of my phones without the GDR3 update. The camera freezes the phone upon exit from the default app. Voicemail notification is broken.

Thank you, however, for *your* insight. It (and others from "SprintCare" in response to the many other frustrated users here) shows me quite a bit about Sprint. Better to know now than after signing contracts and the like.

As I said elsewhere, it'd be great to be surprised and have the fixes pushed soon. But at this point, I don't have much hope.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, I just updated to the official GDR3 update and roaming is STILL broken, grayed out as in my original screen shot.  I've tried updating the network profile and the usual steps that Sprint support usually gives us the run around on, but still no joy.

At this point, Sprint really needs to take ownership of the problem and get a fix out there.  It is completely ridiculous that I am not able to leverage the service that I pay plenty of money to have.  It would be easy enough for me to call T-Mobile and have them pay my ETF for me at this point and unless there is a fix in the next week or two, that is exactly what I'm going to be doing.

Official GDR3 update info: http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_Samsung_ATIV_...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I took the drastic step of ordering a new phone. Amazon has the HTC 8XT for a penny, as long as your're eligible for an upgrade. I like the Ativ S better, but the HTC at least works. Sprint is really screwing they're customers' on this one.

Highlighted
Master

jcroynhp,

Thank you for posting on our community forum and for the feedback. Can you elaborate?

Jen R 

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

I did the GDR 3 developer preview a few weeks back and the roam option was available. Update today, roam is grayed out. Hello AT&T

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nothing more to elaborate on. The Roaming option is grayed out on My Samsung Ativ S Neo. SO I bought an HTC 8XT from Amazon so I could actually make phone calls.

Highlighted
Journeyman

jcroynhp: Request a credit from Sprint for service that is not functioning as it should and start looking at other providers.  The T-Mobile ETF reimbursement is starting to look really attractive.

Highlighted
Master

RBARTET,

Thank you for posting on our community forum. Have you tried any troubleshooting?

Jen R 

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Everything that I can think of. Any ideas? Sprint keeps insisting that it's a Microsoft or Samsung problem.

Highlighted
Journeyman

And MS and Samsung agree it is a Sprint problem. I've spoke with both extensively.

One Sprint-affiliated tech told me a network wide fix was coming "in a few weeks to a month." But we've heard that line before, eh?While I'm sure the tech I spoke with has good intentions, he could only cite the info he had. Not sure what to believe at this point (though so far anyone on these forums from SprintCare seems singularly unhelpful).

Highlighted
Master

jcroynhp,

Thanks for the feedback.

Jen R 

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat