cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Ativ Neo S - Voicemail indicator (visual voicemail or standard) Doesn't Work

Journeyman

Samsung Ativ Neo S - Voicemail indicator (visual voicemail or standard) Doesn't Work

Since the "No voicemail indicator (visual voicemail or standard)" thread is locked, I thought I'd start a new one...

I've been watching this issue (the voicemail indicator not working) since I've been wanting to get this phone.  A week or so ago, someone from Sprint popped up in a chat window and asked if he could help with a problem.  I told him about this issue and he said it's been fixed.  Anyone? Can this be confirmed?

14 REPLIES 14
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Ativ Neo S - Voicemail indicator (visual voicemail or standard) Doesn't Work

Still doesn't work. See my last post on thread in the HTC 8XT forum

Wizard

Re: Samsung Ativ Neo S - Voicemail indicator (visual voicemail or standard) Doesn't Work

Thanks for reaching out regarding the Voicemail/Visual Voicemail indicator not showing up on the ATIV S NEO.  I've checked ourknown and investigative issues from our internal database, the only item that comes up is that Visual Voicemail app itself can be deleted and substituted for another Visual Voicemail app on the appstore, but I haven't gotten any feedback on a substitute app.

*Darryl

Sprint Social Care 

Journeyman

no substitute app. Visual voicemail is only choice. Does not work.

Journeyman

I don't know why Sprint locked the other thread about this issue, but I'm happy to report that as of the update to the Visual Voicemail app from just the other day, it is working perfectly for me now.

Journeyman

So your saying your having voicemail notification and your live tile works fine showing your voicemail info?

Journeyman

I spent 1.5 hours at sprint store in Redmond, WA on 11/14/13 regardign the issues with Visual Voicemail and they could not repair it.

He tried contacting a tech support person locally, as well as in San Diego and none of them can resolve the problem.  I was given the number to customer retention and spoke with them and all they would offer was to give me a replacement of the same phone.  I informed them that this would not solve issue as it is a  larger problem.

The store person even spoke to retention and informed them of the status and what had been done to try and repair it, and still no solution.

we reset phone and network settings, still nothing.

All i want is a working phone.  If i have to switch back to an iphone or droid to get that I am fine, but sprint needs to do this at their cost not mine.

Journeyman

I have been fighting this for quite some time and since Sprint has no solution that seems to permantly repair the issue I have submitted a complaint with the BBB and also the FCC.

Journeyman

I have not actually tested the voice mail update that was available to me last Friday (been busy), but I can at least say that the app is now no longer crashing when I open it.  Hoping it's a good sign... 

Journeyman

Still doesn't work for me, even after the update.  I've had this notated on my Sprint account ever since I got the Ativ S Neo.  Continue to be very disappointed with this having no fix.  My wife has a Windows Phone on Verizon, and hers works flawlessly...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am beginning to think that the only way to get Sprints attention is going to require legal action.  If I'm sold a product and it doesn't work as advertised and Sprint was aware of the issue then that's false advertising.  I am not one to take legal action, but the way sprint is treating this issue makes me consider filing suit against the company.

All I want is a phone that works, is that too much to ask for...............

Journeyman

Ya know... I've actually been wondering if this whole situation is enough for a class action lawsuit.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat