cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Ativ S Neo Review & Comments!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Ativ S Neo Review & Comments!

Design: The Samsung Ativ S Neo looks and feels great. It has more of a business style look and appeal. The physical home button and capacitive buttons has a great feel and response.

Display: The 4.8 inch LCD display is great. Looking at the screen in sunlight is no problem. Everyone will be able to watch videos on the HD (720 x 1280) display.

Interface: Windows phone 8 is a great improvement over Windows phone 7. The OS is fast and fluent. I haven’t notice any lag with the heavy usage I have been putting it through. The customization of live tiles, fast app start up, and other great features are most impressive.

Messaging: Microsoft has one of the best messenger systems. It is fast, responsive, and the auto correct is fabulous. The phone also comes with Microsoft Office to help people stay productive on the go.

Connectivity: The Samsung Ativ S Neo has 4G-LTE on Sprint’s Now Network. Internet sharing turns your phone into a mobile hotspot and you can also connect to 3G and WI-FI.

Processor and Memory: The Samsung ATIV S Neo features a dual-core Snapdragon processor clocked at 1.4 GHz with 1 gig of RAM and 16 GB of internal memory in the phone with support for expansion up to 64 GB microSD memory card and you get 7 GB of SkyDrive cloud storage.

Camera and Video: The Samsung Ativ S Neo takes wonderful pictures that are stunning. The front facing camera is 1.9 mega pixels and the rear facing camera measures in at 8 mega pixels. The video quality is great with support for 1080p playback.

Conclusion: Windows phone 8 is finally on the “Now Network” and The Samsung Ativ S Neo does not disappoint. I am very impressed with the platform and the great job Microsoft did with the Windows Phone OS. The Operating System is optimized with the hardware to perform at its max. Apps that were missing on the HTC Arrive or any Windows phone 7 OS is not missing on the Samsung Ativ S Neo. I’m able to use visual voice mail, download call tones with Sprint’s Msuic Plus app, and Tele Nav is now Scout. I advise everyone to get Nokia’s “Here Drive” for free Talk turn by turn GPS Navigation. You can even download the maps to your device so that you don’t have to worry about losing a signal in a dead zone. The navigation will keep guiding you and save power at the same time. Even though it’s not listed on Sprints website at the moment, I have 4G LTE in my area which is Macon GA, and I have gotten at the highest of 14mbps down and 8mbps up. That’s tested with the SpeedTest.net app. Everything is set to download on my 64GB micro SD card and I have 25GB of free SkyDrive cloud storage that I kept before Microsoft lowered the offer. Overall this is a great device and I am happy to have upgraded my old HTC Arrive for the Samsung Ativ S Neo. I know it’s not a Nokia Lumia device but Samsung has done a great job to compete with Nokia on the Windows Phone platform and Sprint has done a great job supporting the OS. If you want a Windows Phone but don’t have the budget to get the Samsung Ativ S Neo for $49.99 online, get Sprint’s HTC 8XT for free. If you do have the cash, The Ativ S Neo will be worth the purchase. Check out Sprints video of the Samsung Ativ S Neo that hopefully will be broadcasted on television networks soon. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-n48GL07qo Please leave feedback and let your comments be herd!

10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Ativ S Neo Review & Comments!

Here is a better picture of my Device and not a screen shot.

Journeyman

Thanks for the review! Seems a little generic without any cons, but it'll do. Also, it's important to note that the phone is only $50 if you are a new customer or are adding a completely new line. It's still $200/150 for upgrades/existing lines. I had a drawn-out chat conversation with one of the reps on the store page who tried to first tell me that I was eligible for the $50 even though I was upgrading, and it quickly eroded into them saying "Oh, sorry, my mistake.. It looks like it's still $200 for you today since you're upgrading." They couldn't even get the story straight. :/ 

Also, completely unrelated, but why is this thread marked as a "Question"?

Journeyman

Thank you Qhendricks! I would have given the battery a 4.5 but the scale doesn't allow it. Over all the phone is great compared to the HTC Arrive that I had decades ago lol. Its best for people to get the phone for $149.99 on the website than call tele sales. I called customer service and got mines for $160.00 after taxes. Do not use tele sales. I rather people buy it on the Sprint website for $149.99 and the $50.00 rebate gets deducted as well.

For some reason, I was having problems trying to post this in the threads and the only thing I could do was post it as a question.

Journeyman

Chink #1 in the armor... Try taking pictures and watch the phone hard lock after it goes into stand by.

I still like the phone, but Im sure this will be addressed in an update...

Message was edited by: chrisallen1971

Wizard

APOCALYPSEAD:

It’s a nice device for sure.  You can always see more reviews at: http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/phone_details.jsp?prodId=dvc7620002prd&deviceSKUId=76200055&ens... s neo&question_box=ativ s neo

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Sorry to here that Chrisallen1971. I'm sure an software update will fix it if a lot of people have the same complaints. So far I haven't had that problem. I would suggest resetting the phone are taking it to the store to exchange it for another one, but I'm quite sure they would just hard reset it themselves. If you have already sync everything and all of your accounts, a reset would lead to the pain of having to sync everything all over again. That's just a suggestion if you don't want to wait for an update.

Journeyman

Here's my review on Reddit. http://www.reddit.com/r/windowsphone/comments/1l9jg6/my_review_of_samsungs_ativ_s_neo_sprint/

I also posted one on Sprint's store page and soon, the one for Samsung's page should show up as well.

Journeyman

I saw your review and it was great! The only thing I would suggest is suggesting some helpful apps that people might  need are want. I cant wait until it post on the Sprint store page. I'm having a hard time posting it there myself but I have seen someone quote me there. I was having a problem posting at the Samsung website as well but I'll keep trying until they are satisfied.

Journeyman

You forgot to mention one thing. The wonder Bluetooth, wonder if its gonna work or not. I have the ATIV s Neo, love it except for the Bluetooth. As I said its kind of a wonder BT. Other wise its a great phone and I highly recommend it. I do with there was a way I could update or edit my original review of this device.

Master

obadiah_53,

Thanks for the post. Sorry to hear your BT was having issues. Has this gotten better?

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat