cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint to bring 8.1 to ATIV (and 8XT) this summer?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint to bring 8.1 to ATIV (and 8XT) this summer?

WP Central posts today:

"Sprint just dropped us a line to let us know that the Windows Phone 8.1 update that was announced at Build 2014 will be coming to a few of their handsets this summer. The HTC 8XT and Samsung ATIV S Neo are mentioned explicitly, though specific dates and details will be mentioned later on.

Windows Phone 8.1 is going to have a bunch of cool stuff, like background images for Live Tiles, lock screen themes, and the Cortana virtual assistant. This is good news overall for Sprint subscribers..."

Here's the link, but that's literally all there is to it:

Sprint confirms Windows Phone 8.1 update for HTC 8XT and Samsung ATIV S Neo this summer | Windows Ph...

Wait and (hopefully) see...

184 REPLIES 184
Journeyman

Re: Sprint to bring 8.1 to ATIV (and 8XT) this summer?

yawn.  we haven't even gotten GDR3 yet.  guaranteed, we will not get WP 8.1 "this summer".

must check the newsroom.  must check the newsroom.  must check the newsroom.

yeah, dangle that carrot and everyone will be fine until summer is over and no update.  and all the other devices have it and sprint ativ s neo doesn't.

i'll believe it when i see it.  not even going to get excited at this point.

Master

Finally_Windows,

We are anxious for these updates as well. For the most up to date information on these updates please visit http://bit.ly/1fhwPgh. Please let me know if there is anything further I can assist with.

Thank you,

Nicole
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Since there were some problems with GDR3 I think Sammy is just going to skip it altogether. Let's HOPE they will give us 8.1 in a timely fashion but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Journeyman

DIALM4SPEED - We are anxious for the updates too.  Please check the newsroom.  LOL.

Prediction (1 year from now) - Microsoft is releasing Windows Phone 9.  Ativ S Neo users... Maybe they will skip Windows Phone 8.1 and we will get WP9.  LOL.

Journeyman

That was pretty funny! 

Journeyman

If you haven't gotten the GDR3 update, you are far behind man. Sprint released that literally a month after Microsoft announced it. Sprint has shown it is really quick in working with HTC and Samsung in releasing its updates, plus you can still get the Dev Preview if you want.

Journeyman

Hate to break it to you, but GDR3 was NOT released by Sprint for the Ativ S Neo.

Journeyman

Yeah, I think s/he is confused about official release and developer preview. Or, maybe Shaistakhan is from an alternate plane of reality.

Journeyman

Not sure what you are saying by just posting that picture. Yes, the Microsoft developer preview has been out for awhile now. This thread is about Sprint (not Microsoft) bringing their own version of 8.1 to the ATIV and 8XT phones that is fully supported and doesn't potentially cause carrier specific issues.

Journeyman

I know it been out and been using it. This is frist update of 8.1 Microsoft posted available.

It's for people interested and are using it. If you aren't using it than move on, Yes Microsoft post it available and it totally awesome.... Sprint I don't need to wait. It works excellent no isues at all. LOL...

Journeyman

This post is about the OFFICIAL update! We know about the PREVIEW so if you want to bother with an unfinished PREVIEW then hey have fun. Some of us want the OFFICIAL update which has NOT been released yet.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat