cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint to bring 8.1 to ATIV (and 8XT) this summer?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint to bring 8.1 to ATIV (and 8XT) this summer?

WP Central posts today:

"Sprint just dropped us a line to let us know that the Windows Phone 8.1 update that was announced at Build 2014 will be coming to a few of their handsets this summer. The HTC 8XT and Samsung ATIV S Neo are mentioned explicitly, though specific dates and details will be mentioned later on.

Windows Phone 8.1 is going to have a bunch of cool stuff, like background images for Live Tiles, lock screen themes, and the Cortana virtual assistant. This is good news overall for Sprint subscribers..."

Here's the link, but that's literally all there is to it:

Sprint confirms Windows Phone 8.1 update for HTC 8XT and Samsung ATIV S Neo this summer | Windows Ph...

Wait and (hopefully) see...

184 REPLIES 184
Highlighted
Journeyman

That is correct and they have also fixed another error that is very close in numbers besides the last digit. Error 80188306.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Before I go ahead and do this, this question is to Customer Care.  Will I void my warrantee by installing the Preview for Developers?  I'd like to try it to help Sprint in the interest of beta testing on 8XT phones.  But I won't install it until I have it here on the forum from a sprint official saying it is not going to void my warrantee.

Highlighted
Master

dbrewerton1 - Thanks for reaching out to us. Yes, performing this action will void your warranty. - BrittneySprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Glad i gotten Samsung Ativ Neo and Not HTC 8S will not be getting Update One. hahaha Oh so love this Update One.

Highlighted
Journeyman

livefolders.JPG

Highlighted
Journeyman

GDR1.jpg

Highlighted
Master

thenet95 - If you have any questions or concerns, I'm here to help. - BrittneySprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

thenet95 - If you have any questions or concerns, I'm here to help. - BrittneySprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

thenet95 - If you have any questions or concerns, I'm just a post away. - BrittneySprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Microsoft rolled out the update in May to the Carriers in the US and Europe. All Europe phone users have received the update. All US carriers have pushed out the update to their customers except one carrier .

There are now 2 weeks left in the summer and Sprint still has not released to update to its customers. They still haven't fixed the voice mail notification icon since they began to carry windows phones either.

Soon all phone will be unlocked and YOU can choose who you want as a carrier. I think Sprint is helping me make up my mind.

Highlighted
Master

gmg22 - There is no news on when this update will be available. You will however, get notification when the update is available for download. - Kareem
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I just wanted you to know that yes you will void your warranty, but you will be able to upgrade to the official Sprint version which leaves your warranty intact. Here is a posting of a customer who had a problem but Sprint was nice enough to give them a warrantee and replace their phone anyway. Most of Sprint reps and techs don't know a lot about Windows Phone OS in the stores so they give customers a new phone to fix the problem.

ANAJEEJONES replied (in response to APOCALYPSEAD) 1 day ago

I figured it out. There was no problem with my OS; the phone was faulty. I had them replace the phone(for free, I might add), install all windows phone 8 updates and then I put the Dev back on it with all updates. It is working awesomely now. Thanks for the advice, Apocalypsead. As for sprint customer care, you guys need to get on the ball. There should be no reason why your subscribers should have more product knowledge than you! If we asked you a question about Android, iOS or even Blackberry you would be able to support it. Like it or not, you guys need to get trained and updated on how to support a Windows Phone. And you may ask yourself who am I and why do I feel this way: I am a former trainer for Sprint who made sure that all of my classes were on their game concerning all products that we supported.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat