Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint to bring 8.1 to ATIV (and 8XT) this summer?

Journeyman

Sprint to bring 8.1 to ATIV (and 8XT) this summer?

WP Central posts today:

"Sprint just dropped us a line to let us know that the Windows Phone 8.1 update that was announced at Build 2014 will be coming to a few of their handsets this summer. The HTC 8XT and Samsung ATIV S Neo are mentioned explicitly, though specific dates and details will be mentioned later on.

Windows Phone 8.1 is going to have a bunch of cool stuff, like background images for Live Tiles, lock screen themes, and the Cortana virtual assistant. This is good news overall for Sprint subscribers..."

Here's the link, but that's literally all there is to it:

Sprint confirms Windows Phone 8.1 update for HTC 8XT and Samsung ATIV S Neo this summer | Windows Ph...

Wait and (hopefully) see...

184 REPLIES 184
Journeyman

ok that's good. Did you had wp 8.1 Developers Preview before updating your Sprint wp 8.1 firmware?

Journeyman

Dear Sprint Customer Service-  I keep checking the newsroom, and there is no mention about the ATIV S Neo being upgraded to Windows Phone 8.1

Is it going to be announced in the newsroom, or have I just been checking there for no reason since SprintCare has told me to check there?

Also, I have developer preview.  Will the official version be pushed out by Sprint to replace the developer preview version?  I heard that there was a problem with phones in a reset loop and that the official version has been pulled for now.  What's the deal?

Journeyman

Windows Phone 8.1 has came to the Samsung Ativ S Neo and now it finally comes to the HTC 8XT http://wmpoweruser.com/the-windows-phone-8-1-update-now-available-for-the-sprint-htc-8xt/

Journeyman

Wondering the same thing about anyone on Preview for Developers.  Will we get the official firmware update if our OS is already updated?

Journeyman

Just got my official 8.1 update 🙂 on 8xt

Journeyman

This week, CDMAGurus.com reported that Sprint would be pushing the WP 8.1 update to end users.  This morning, WP8.1 was successfully pushed to my phone. This year, I got no notification whatsoever from newsroom.sprint.com, which Sprint Care representatives repeated ad nauseum we should check for reliable information on pushing the updates to Windows Phones.  Should we continue to wait for newsroom.sprint.com to give us an update, or should we just take this as sign of Sprint's reliability?

Journeyman

New to Sprint. However, I received the 8.1 update on my Samsung S NEO last week.  All works good and there are allot of good upgrades.  Although, the voice mail icon still does not tell me when I have voice mails.  Not to point out the obvious but shouldn't a phone tell you when you have a voice mail?

Sprint- any ETA on that fix?

Journeyman

If your phone has DP 8.1 read it and weep!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/samsung-ativ-s-neo/323035-3.htm

Journeyman

I had to uninstall dp to get the update

Journeyman

Yeah I'm working on it but haven't been able to get it to work yet.

Journeyman

Well I am a very happy camper; got the 8.1 update yesterday for both my wife's phone and mine.  While waiting was annoying, it was well worth it.

Master

dbrewerton1, I am glad to hear that you're satisfied. Let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns, we're always here to help.

- Jeffery
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat