Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint to bring 8.1 to ATIV (and 8XT) this summer?

Journeyman

Sprint to bring 8.1 to ATIV (and 8XT) this summer?

WP Central posts today:

"Sprint just dropped us a line to let us know that the Windows Phone 8.1 update that was announced at Build 2014 will be coming to a few of their handsets this summer. The HTC 8XT and Samsung ATIV S Neo are mentioned explicitly, though specific dates and details will be mentioned later on.

Windows Phone 8.1 is going to have a bunch of cool stuff, like background images for Live Tiles, lock screen themes, and the Cortana virtual assistant. This is good news overall for Sprint subscribers..."

Here's the link, but that's literally all there is to it:

Sprint confirms Windows Phone 8.1 update for HTC 8XT and Samsung ATIV S Neo this summer | Windows Ph...

Wait and (hopefully) see...

184 REPLIES 184
Journeyman

I have the solution to the question! You do not have to revert back to 8.0... Follow this link [inappropriate link removed] and you will see that everyone will get the update and Sprint will be able to send it soon as well. If Sprint don't send it, it will not hurt anyone to get the developer preview. NO ONE HAS HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE DEVELOPER PREVIEW! There were rumors at the beginning of the year that stated Sprint will be getting two new Windows Phones but I don't see that happening anytime soon. Also, the Summer does not really end until September. So, for those who have patients, continue to wait on Sprint. I'll just be waiting on Sprint to send patches and firmware updates to the update I already have. If you want to know how to update to the developer preview, check out my instructions here in the forums https://community.sprint.com/baw/message/788267#788267 or watch my YouTube video [inappropriate link removed]

Message was edited by: TheModerator - This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines. For your reference, here are the Community Guidelines:  http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/buzz-admin-blog/blog/2010/01/01/sprintcom-comm... Thanks for your participation in the forums!

To the Moderator: What is different from the link I posted and the link NuAngel Posted above?

Message was edited by: APOCALYPSEAD

Journeyman

The link I told everyone to follow is no different than the link NuAngel posted above. ( http://www.wpcentral.com/should-you-get-preview-windows-phone-81-update-1 ) This link gives information to the 8.1 update 1...

Journeyman

Not saying your lying or anything like that but I called a MS Specialty store and they told me they don't update phones. Also they said the update will happen in late August to early September. As far as I'm concerned all three parties are full of grade A BS! Microsoft, Samsung and Sprint are all saying the same thing... it's the other guys fault go talk to them! If it doesn't happen by mid September then it isn't going to happen at all as far as I'm concerned.

Journeyman

It's a shame your getting the run around. But there are only something like 50 Microsoft stores in the states. That makes them few and far between. If you've ever had to deal with Best Buys Geek Squad you know, 99.9% of them have no idea what their doing or talking about. I feel for you, knowing one guy gets one answer and you get something else. One guy gets what he asks for the then you ask the same question and get completely different answers. I cant tell you how many times I've been the one getting the NO answer. I no longer stop at that, When I'm told NO now, I go over their head till I get to someone that can say YES. I have even looked up the CEO of companies just so I knew who to call next. I just went thru this with Honeywell over an $80.00 thermostat. 3 months and 4 calls later I got them to do what their warranty said they would do. Hopefully Sprint will make good on their promise to update these phones for the masses. All you can do is set and wait, or keep banging on doors until someone says yes. Once Sprint finally comes out and says their done with these phones Microsoft will probably put in place an update program for them. Keep your hopes up, one way or another you will get the updates others are getting.

Last update puts the OS at 8.10.14147.180.

Master

BRADLEYM525,

This information is not available yet. To stay posted for future updates, please follow this link: http://bit.ly/1gCkzMz .

Thank you,

Linda
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

The Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 is here!wp_ss_20140804_0001.pngwp_ss_20140804_0003.pngwp_ss_20140804_0004.png

Master

APOCALYPSEAD

Thanks for the post. Microsoft will send the latest update to your device when it is available.

Anntenetta, Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

I already have it. The pictures are my screen shots from my phone. The Samsung Ativ S Neo! I'm just waiting on Sprint and Samsung to send the firmware.

Journeyman

APOCALYPSEAD -

As I point out else where, you are sadly mistaken about the 8.1 preview and its problems. Do a search on any major forum or using bing or google and you'll see what I mean. I suggest others to do the same and proceed with caution. If it works for you, great!

Master

APOCALYPSEAD,

Thanks for the update. If there is anything we can assist you with, please let us know.

Eric
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Jeremy, I think your biggest concern is the roaming issues that caused MMS problems that affected Sprint customers. There is a fix for that now. The other major problem was the bit locker issue that only Nokia phones were having problems with and its something Sprint customers don't have to worry about because Sprint do not offer Nokia Windows Phone at the moment. The bit locker problem has been fixed by Microsoft and the Nokia Lumia Windows Phones have been getting the update successfully. The last major issue is some HTC windows phone not getting the update due to HTC needing to send drivers and firmware. HTC is the hold up at the moment.

Journeyman

breathnach,

You're right to be wary but I have to give Microsoft kudos for correcting one issue in a timely manner.

I was having the error 8018830f pop up when I attempted to update my Ativ S to the latest 8.1 version.  Seems I was part of small percentage of users having this issue but Joe Belfiore tweeted that Microsoft was working on the issue as of yesterday.

Today I checked for updates and my phone updated properly to the latest version of 8.1.  I don't know when or if we will see support from our service provider but Microsoft at least is responsive.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat