Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint to bring 8.1 to ATIV (and 8XT) this summer?

Journeyman

Sprint to bring 8.1 to ATIV (and 8XT) this summer?

WP Central posts today:

"Sprint just dropped us a line to let us know that the Windows Phone 8.1 update that was announced at Build 2014 will be coming to a few of their handsets this summer. The HTC 8XT and Samsung ATIV S Neo are mentioned explicitly, though specific dates and details will be mentioned later on.

Windows Phone 8.1 is going to have a bunch of cool stuff, like background images for Live Tiles, lock screen themes, and the Cortana virtual assistant. This is good news overall for Sprint subscribers..."

Here's the link, but that's literally all there is to it:

Sprint confirms Windows Phone 8.1 update for HTC 8XT and Samsung ATIV S Neo this summer | Windows Ph...

Wait and (hopefully) see...

184 REPLIES 184
Journeyman

I think I replied to you some where else.

As far as VVM goes the app works ok on Windows Phone 8.1, but it is still somewhat buggy.

I think you meant now that all phones can be unlocked, we can have other Windows Phones on Sprints network. Verizon's Nokia Lumia Icon / 930 will look pretty good Sprint network and AT&T's Nokia Lumia 1520 will look good as well. I'll hold out a little longer just to see if Nokia will release a flagship high end phone this Fall to compete with the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and the IPhone 6.

Journeyman

There now a high end HTC ONE M8 that launched today in New York. Wow! love the specs on that phone. It sure blows away Nokia Specs. Since it's going to verizon maybe hope get a unlocked M8 which should work fine in Sprint network

Journeyman

I'm really hoping we can bring it to Sprint too, but just so you know, just because you can unlock it doesn't mean it will work on Sprint's network. Yea, they both use CDMA, but they sometimes use different spectrums so they won't work on another carrier.

Master

halear,

Are you in need of assistance? Let me know. I'm here to help.

Hirscht
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Kareem:

There are several reports on numerous websites that the WP 8.1 o/s update has been available since June 24 of this year.  Another user on this very forum has stated that every other carriers' Windows Phones run the current o/s, which is now WP 8.1.

Could you please explain your statement:

"There is no news on when this update will be available. You will however, get notification when the update is available for download."

...because the rest of the internet (and the rest of the cell phone market) is in direct contradiction with this statement.

Journeyman

True. Actually the phone will work on 3g but there's a possibility it wont work on 4g. Sprint is the only carrier to use different bandwidths for LTE.

Journeyman

The Verizon Nokia Lumia Icon and HTC One M8 for Windows Phone are close in specs. Go to Verizon website and do a comparison of the two phones. Also, Their Samsung Ativ SE is better than the one for Sprint. You might want to add that to the comparison as well.

Journeyman

Here is some news from PhoneArena

Rumour: HTC One for Windows coming to all major US carriers

HTC One (M8) for Windows to be also available from Sprint and T-Mobile? 

Just a week ago, HTC unveiled the Windows Phone version of its flagship – the HTC One (M8) for Windows. As we already said, there is no difference between the two devices, save for the OS and the purportedly better battery life of its Windows Phone iteration. The phone is already exclusively available from Verizon. AT&T also announced that it will be selling the device later in 2014. Okay, the two largest US carriers are well aboard now, but what about the other representatives of the quartet, T-Mobile and Sprint?

According to @upleaks, often regarded as the successor to the infamous @evleaks, the HTC One (M8) for Windows will also be eventually available from T-Mobile, too. As far as Sprint is concerned, another speculation has it that the third-largest carrier will be also offering HTC's WP 8.1 flagship device. As usual, one should be employing the “wait-and-see” principle when it comes to such rumors. However, if they get to hold water and the HTC One (M8) for Windows arrives at T-Mobile and Sprint, the device will become the first Windows Phone flagship that is available from all major US carriers.

Are you a T-Mobile or a Sprint subscriber? Would you get the HTC One (M8) for Windows if your carrier offered it? Share your thoughts with us!

Journeyman

Forget Unlocked M8 since so many rumors say Sprint and other major carriers will have it. Hahaha love it.

Journeyman

I don't need put it in comparison and already know the specifications of Icon. I rather get the M8 due to it having MicroSD card and Icon No MicroSD card. I like install my apps on microSD just like what I been doing with Samsung Ativ S Neo. So compare that missing feature on the Icon. 

Master

thenet95,

Thanks for posting. If you have any questions or concerns, please keep me posted. I'm here to help.

Laurel
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Untitled.jpg

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat