Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update to GDR 3

Highlighted
Journeyman

Update to GDR 3

Sprint,

When are you going to push out the GDR3 update for the Samsung Ativ S Neo?

49 REPLIES 49
Master

Re: Update to GDR 3

JONESESQUIRE, 

Thank you for the question.  At this time we don't have any information in regards to that update. Any announcements can be found on our www.Sprint.com/newsroom.

Dania
Social Care

Journeyman

That's really not much of an answer... Are we waiting on Samsung, who has the same phone on AT&T with the GDR3 update, or are we waiting on Sprint?  The HTC 8XT Windows phone was updated months ago, so who is holding it up?  Considering the update has been available from Microsoft since October this is really disappointing. 

Journeyman

VERY disappointing.

Journeyman

You don't need sprint to get GDR3 update, I already have my GDR3 since Dec 1 and it totally made neo triple fast and added some cool features.

Master

DERGHKAGE,

Thanks for your reply. We can definitely understand that any lack of information is frustrating. If we had any inkling of any of the above, we'd certainly let you know. As of right now, we have no info regarding this. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Dan
Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

SprintCare/Dan,

While I understand that you may not have an "inkling" of the GDR3 update for the Sprint Samsung Ativ S Neo, have you or anyone else from SprintCare taken our concerns up to any other higher levels?  To, someone else who may know or have an inkling?  Is anyone else, other than SprinCare (in this forum) aware that GDR3 for the Samsung Ativ S Neo is really desired by the consumers?  Is there any information at all you could find out on our (the customers') behalf?  I think anything at all would be appreciated at this point.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Journeyman

Bump.

I've been waiting and waiting for GDR3, fruitlessly checking for updates having been given no information on when the ATIV S Neo will be getting it.

Sadly, waiting and lack of information have been common themes in my experience with Sprint:

* First, for Sprint to catch up to all other carriers in offering Windows Phone 8 devices at all

* From the botched launch of the ATIV S Neo until the eventual realisation (customer service was clueless) that the Neo was initially offered via only the direct ship channel rather than in stores (stores were also clueless, mistakenly expecting shipments of the phone "soon")

* For the network and signal strength upgrades near my office that were promised in November, about which I have yet to hear a word

* And now, for the GDR3 update that the HTC 8XT received in October but has been sorely missing from the ATIV S Neo

Journeyman

Ditto.  This waiting game is getting old, very quickly.

Journeyman

hahaha you all are lost. I already installed the GDR3 on my Awesome Samsung Ativ S Neo Windows phone 8 since last year in October. I didn't have wait for Sprint. I know they will take long to have it. You all missing great features of GDR3.

Journeyman

Not everyone is willing to risk losing roaming options, as many have reported happening after updating through developer mode.

Journeyman

Well said. For my part, I haven't forced the update to GDR3 and still have the roaming greyed out, so might not be much to lose there.

Seems like nearly everyone in this thread is being reasonable, and yet we aren't being given reasonable answers (and no, "just wait" doesn't count). Not sure why Sprint is having such an issue on this front.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat