cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update to GDR 3

Master

Re: Update to GDR 3

h.j.c,

We apologize but as soon as any updates are made available pertaining to the release of that update, we will provide it to our customers.

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

Journeyman

Really, should we be expected to have to use Developer tools/mode to be able to get an update that has been out since October??? That's supposed to be the problem with Android, fragmentation, not windows phone.  Yet here we are.  So who's at fault is the question, Samsung who has GDR3 on the identical Ativ S Neo on AT&T or Sprint?

Journeyman

Morris,

We are not merely looking for information to be passively forwarded to community media channels.

What we users are asking for is Sprint Social Media Care to escalate the issue so that the relevant decision-makers will recognise that Sprint has been defaulting on the expectation that devices (and their associated experiences), once purchased, continue to be supported by Sprint during their intended life cycle and thus receive all improvements that OS developers release.  It is a very basic expectation, especially given that we are more than subsidising the costs of the devices via our on-going service contracts.

It is also a matter of market competitiveness.  If all other carriers are demonstrating proper support of their Windows Phones (not to mention drastically more comprehensive Windows Phone device offerings), you can imagine the effect Sprint's shortfalls will have on our contract renewal rates.

Highlighted
Journeyman

+1 to this. My contract with Sprint is up in March 2014, about 45 days from now. If GDR3 isn't pushed to my ATIV S Neo by then I will be moving to Verizon.

I think it would be a shame for Sprint to lose a customer of 10+ years over something as simple as an update that's already rolled out to the other Windows Phone on Sprint as well as the identical model on AT&T.

I have always been a promoter for Sprint, being able to look past the poor handset selection and sub-par 4G network, but this is the straw that breaks the camels back.

So what say you Sprint? Are you willing to lose 2 MORE subscribers or can we get the ball rolling on this?

Journeyman

The one thing that I have learned is that the only escalation that you will typically see on these forums is to more senior community team members.  If they were capable of escalating issues, then the roaming issues would be fixed by now.  They would have figured out a long time ago what I have been trying to explain to them(https://community.sprint.com/baw/message/716973#716973) for months at this point.  Sprint is truly a sad place to be a customer right now.

Journeyman

Indeed, Tomn18. I totally agree. I'm trying out Sprint right now before I switch to them, and, so far, I am not pleased. Their lame fingerpointing is even more frustrating. It's not like we're clamoring for some sort of exotic feature here. On many issues (from the semi-annoying (i.e., phone reboot after picture) to the vital (voice roaming disabled!)), I have been told that all will be fixed with GDR3. "Just wait" for something that will fix the promised service, and wait indefinitely while Sprint puts us off or, worse, treats folks poorly.

Like many on these forums (and others), I've been patient. Also like others here, my patience has a quickly approaching end.

Master

DERGHKAGE,

Thanks for the question. If you log in to your My Sprint account you will have access to your call logs under the billing section. Have you tried this and have not been able to get what you need? Please let me know so I can get you pointed in the right direction.

Sean L

Social Care

Master

Nebuchadn3zzar,

We definitely hear you loud and clear. 

We unfortunately don't manufacture the devices. However, we do work closely with the manufacture.

We can relay most feedback to them. You the consumer can also contact them directly through their respective websites/forums if you feel that the information we are providing you may not be the best.

Thank you very much for your feedback. We really appreciate your input, time and valued business with us.

Thank you,

George M.

Sprint Social Care Team

Master

jm02466wp,

Thanks for your post. As stated we get the information to the manufacturer as best as possible, however unless they release the update to us we can not provide it over the air as we simply do not have it to do so. We definitely appreciate your patience with this and once we have information, we'll be happy to provide it. 

I did see you mentioned issues with the 4G network. Can you let me know what issues you're coming across and the zip code and cross streets they are happening in? Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Master

tomn18,

Thank you for the link and your insight.  I'm sorry that you feel that way.  There is no favoritism in this community and it is the issues that are looked at and not the name of the poster.  Also, when it comes to updates being pushed the carrier has a lot less to do with it than many users think.  In fact, the software update itself is a product of the manufacturer. There may have to be different variations of that product due to the software and hardware differences used by each carrier but at the end of the day it is the manufacturer that devises and creates updates.  

With that being said, every product and product update is affected by consumer demand.  We encourage you to use community forums such as this to voice your concerns for updates and upgrades and that allows manufacturers and carriers where to allocate their resources.  

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.

Master

Jeremy,

Thanks for the post. Sorry to hear your having these issues with your equipment. You stated you are trying out Sprint, does this mean you are on your 14 day trial? We would be more than happy to look into this for you. We are here to help. Let us know what issues you are having with your service. Regarding the device, I would take it in to a Sprint Service & Repair.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Yeah, no.  Update has been released by Samsung and it is waiting for Sprint to approve said update.  I am aware of how OS updates progress.

OS Manufacturer>Phone Manufacturer>Carrier>Customer.

And 4G coverage is shoddy near Rt 9 and Rt 30 and Rt 9 and Speen St in Natick, MA.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat