cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update to GDR 3

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Update to GDR 3

The link below states GDR 3 is included in the update. However, as you can see by multiple posts on here, after update GDR 3 was NOT included in this update. Please advise.

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_Samsung_ATIV_...Smiley Very HappySmiley SurprisedSmiley Frustrated

Journeyman

Of course now its been removed from the site...

Journeyman

hahahaha...and now it's back out there with GDR3 removed.

Journeyman

Surprise! As others noted, despite what Sprint said, it's not GDR3 but a firmware update. Hilarious that they changed the link on you. On the roaming issue thread, Sprint Care seemed hurt that I said they were unhelpful. Spreading misinformation, pointing fingers at others, asking customers if they've "done any troubleshooting," and saying just to check the newsroom...not exactly helpful.

I will say that the only Sprint tech on these forums that seems to consistently have some answers in Ninja_CJ. He has been trying to help people with the camera issue on another thread.

Again, though, I guess we should be grateful (?) that they are fixing some of the problems...though not in the manner in which they go about it.

Master

All, 

There was some confusion in regards to this update, the latest update did not include GDR 3. This was communicated internally and the corrections to the support documents and the community thread were made. My apologies, thanks for posting. 

Eduardo

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Maybe we should give up on GDR3 and just wait for Windows Phone 8.1

It is coming out this Spring.  LOL.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/2/23/5438774/windows-phone-8-1-announcement-features

Journeyman

Yes... but will it be coming to our Sprint devices?  Or, a new WP device on Sprint?

Those are the questions.

(not holding my breath)

Journeyman

As far as Microsoft is concerned, all WP8 devices will get WP8.1 and they've been quite clear about it. But you're right- it's then up to Sprint to push the update...something that they claim to be doing on other fronts (firmware, other fixes) which is taking quite a while to roll out to all users.

Master

Hey DEMO00700,

Thanks for all of your posts.

I've ensured the request for this update from our customers has been reported to the proper channels accordingly. We appreciate your ongoing patience. Thanks!

Regards,

Giovanni R.

Sprint Social Care Team

Master

Hey Jeremy,

Thanks for all of your feedback.

We will ensure to include this information as we send customer feedback.

Regards,

Giovanni R.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Here's another ping for getting Sprint to push GDR3.  I hear it's supposed to fix the voicemail notification issue, which I see as the most serious, if not only complaint with my Samsung ATIV S Neo as well as my wife's HTC 8XT.

Journeyman

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat