ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the Samsung ATIV S Neo be your Sprint WP8 Device?

Journeyman

Will the Samsung ATIV S Neo be your Sprint WP8 Device?

Just curious, since I'm waiting this one out myself... how many of you who are waiting on a Windows Phone 8 device are skipping the HTC offering and waiting for the Samsung date announcement? Note that I'm not asking how many of you are "jumping ship" so to speak... I'm asking those who are staying with Sprint, which WP8 device is for you and why?

I feel like the HTC 8XT is a weak offering for the amount of money being charged. 8GB internal storage is a forgettable amount (considering the OS will take maybe 2-3GB of it, so you're left with maybe 5GB). You can't install apps on a microSD, so the external storage is purely for digital media. The screen resolution of 480x800 is immediately outdated (my 3-year old phone has this resolution), and the smaller battery just doesn't do much for users. Otherwise, the processor, amount of RAM, and camera quality are all pretty much the same. Unless you're hurting for the extra $50, the Samsung seems to be the way to go if only to get more (assumed) internal storage space and an acceptable screen resolution.

All pricing aside, Samsung seems to have been historically half-arsed on Windows Phones, so who knows how good the ATIV S Neo will be until it's actually out. I can't speak for the other Samsung ATIV WP8 device not on Sprint, so maybe someone will be able to offer up some info. Also, aesthetically, it looks like every other Samsung device with no real "style" or design behind it at all. I'm seriously hoping Sprint doesn't pull the same thing it did with the Arrive and not support it. Either way, as much as I'd like to say I could switch, I won't because I feel like the deals and monthly payments are better, and it's not worth it to jump ship only to pay an extra $20/mo on another carrier just for a better phone. I don't want a Lumia 1020 (the camera that also happens to be a phone). I'm up for an upgrade and my contract is clear too, so I want a Windows Phone. Whether this attempt by Sprint at this OS again is good or not, I'll be buying one of the 2 phones offered just because I need a new phone. My old Android phone is breathing its dying breaths and my next device is very likely to be the Samsung ATIV S Neo.

Thoughts? Anyone actually getting the HTC for various reasons?

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Will the Samsung ATIV S Neo be your Sprint WP8 Device?

I agree that the HTC offering is kind of disappointing. "IF" (and thats a really big IF) I do get the phone, the main two reasons I would get it is because its a windows phone and it has Color. Im tired of the normal black or white offerings. I'd like to see more color like the Nokia phones.

I also agree with you on Samsung. They have the tendency of producing the same plastic feeling phones and changing the specs in the inside. I also don't think they can be taken seriously when it comes to supporting windows phones.

Ive been a Sprint customer and supporter for most my life (Im only 25). And I know all the events and situations they've been in but I'm just finding it really hard to find reasons to stay.

Sure....I love the phone bill ($107). But the appeal to me is near extinct due to the fact that Im still in roaming or lose signal 98% of my day in a very large populated city of Tampa, Fl.

And I feel that if me, as a customer, wants to experience what the windows phones has to offer, It is best to experience it with a carrier and/or company that is willing to provide 100% support and back the product. I am still waiting to see if any new surprises pop up at Sprint now that the Softbank/Dish network stuff is solved but I'm really pondering if I should just stop wishing & hoping and just go to another phone company for a while.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I will be waiting for the Samsung ATIV S Neo.  I think the biggest disappointments on the HTC 8XT are the internal storage and the screen resolution.  If it weren't for those two things I would definitely consider it.  My wife might opt for the 8XT though.  We both have the Arrive and have been waiting for what feels like forever to upgrade to Windows Phone 8.  We would definitely have jumped ship if it weren't for the price of the family plan we're on and the unlimited data.  I wish Sprint would get Nokia on board as my ideal phone would be the Lumia 1020.

Journeyman

I am patiently waiting on the Samsung myself, my wife and I also have the Arrive.  The only way Sprint could get the Nokia Lumia is if and when they upgrade their network.   The HTC is a nice phone but they can do better with the specs,  my Arrive has more space than the 8XT.  I just wish Sprint would announce when the ATIV S Neo will be released.  It may look bland, but the specs are better than the HTC, its a world phone, and has a slightly bigger screen.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat