cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Phone 8.1 on Samsung ATIV S Neo?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Windows Phone 8.1 on Samsung ATIV S Neo?

It is almost December 2014 and where is the Windows Phone 8.1 update for my Samsung ATIV S Neo? Please point me to the location for update if I missed any communication from Sprint on this.

21 REPLIES
Master

Re: Windows Phone 8.1 on Samsung ATIV S Neo?

OdysseusMSFT, Thank you for reaching out to us. As now we do not have any information on the Windows update for the Samsung ATIV S Neo. Checkout the different Window's forums for latest releases and which model maybe reaching the update. - Fernandez
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Journeyman

Sprint announced that the update would be available by the end of summer 2014 in April time this year. I am very disappointed about the current situation. Without the update, Samsung ATIV S Neo users could not use Microsoft Band and other great devices and apps. I am with Sprint since 2001 and maybe it's time to switch.

Again, VERY disappointed!!!

Sprint, HURRY UP and FULFILL your promise!!!

Master

OdysseusMSFT,

We're sorry to see that you're in this situation. You are a valued Sprint customer and we don't want to see you leave. Please allow us to turn this around for you by sending us a private message. Please visit http://bit.ly/1qQty1X to provide the requested information. We look forward to hearing from you.

Josh
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Came across this last night.  Says 8.1 release date is 12/01/2014.  As of this post, I've not received it on my phone (but it does also state that it can take several days for delivery).  I guess I won't truly believe it until Cortana is actually talking to me... lol.  But, here's to hoping.

link:

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_Samsung_ATIV_...

Screen Capture:

Screenshot - 12_2_2014 , 2_07_17 AM.jpg

Master

DEMO00700 - Thanks for posting. We appreciate your patience. Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions today. - KayanSprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thanks DEMO00700 for the info. It's 12/2/2014 and I still don't see the update available on my phone. I will give it a few more days since we have already waited this long. I will keep you posted.

Journeyman

I can also confirm the link is valid, however, like you I have yet to see the update on my Ativ S Neo after checking several times throughout the day.  I look forward to the official version after testing the DP release on this phone for a couple weeks before flashing the phone back to the original Sprint/Samsung firmware.  I just don't think it was fully stable without official Sprint/Samsung support.  I can't really point to any specific big issues just little minor inconsistencies here and there which, hopefully, the official release will address.  Cortana was almost worth the update but I am not a user who puts a lot of weight on just that.  I too will report back confirming the build version I get with the official 8.1 update when it gets here.

Journeyman

Just got prompted to do an update on my phone but not sure if it is 8.1 as it mentioned installing something to prepare the phone for 8.1. Watching the gears turn now. Maybe 8.1 after this?

UPDATE: First update was preparing for 8.1. Now downloading the 8.1 update.

UPDATE: Now running Windows Phone 8.1 (8.10.14192.280)

Journeyman

It's installing some and required over 660MB free space. Hope it is the update. Will let everyone know once it gets there.

Master

ShayPThai, Hi there. Please keep us updated on the status of the software update. - Beatrice
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat