cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Phone 8.1 on Samsung ATIV S Neo?

Go to solution
Master

Re: Windows Phone 8.1 on Samsung ATIV S Neo?

OdysseusMSFT, You may need to delete the 660MB in order to complete the software update. Please update us when the update is complete. - Beatrice
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I can confirm that update has started on my phone as well.  There was definitely a smaller pre-update to get it ready for 8.1 and now it is completing a second much larger update that appears to be the actual 8.1 update.  It has taken at least an hour to complete and still isn't done.  So far I haven't had any issues in terms of the size of the downloads but I will keep you updated and post versions when it is all said and done.  Actually, it just finished with no errors or warnings so all seems fine.  Here is the info from my About screen:

Model:  SAMSUNG SPH-I800

Carrier:  Sprint

Software:  Windows Phone 8.1 Update

OS version:  8.10.14192.280

Firmware revision number:  2216.14.11.2

Hardware revision number:  3.19.1.0

Radio software version:  1621.14.11.2

Radio hardware version:  0.0.0.7

Bootloader version:  14.05.13.17

Chip SOC version:  2.0.15

Master

halladar, Great! Please let us know if you ever need any assistance. We will be here for you. - Beatrice
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Same here, after almost 5 hours of updating: 2 packages and several restarts, not my phone is running WP 8.1 with Cortana.

One problem: my phone now is saying that there are some issues with my SD card and wanted to "fix" it. However, I am traveling and do not have an adaptor to back it up to my computer so I will postpone that until this weekend.

Other issue is that it seems that my Windows 8.1 laptop can no longer talk to the phone over UBS connection. The phone still charges but the Windows Phone app on Windows 8.1 could not connect to the phone anymore. Is there an update I have to install on Windows 8.1 laptop?

Thanks!

Zewei

Master

OdysseusMSFT - Thanks for the question. You may want to contact Microsoft Care directly for help with your device connection to your computer. I am happy to hear that you were able to upgrade! - Sean
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

After a few phone restarts and replacing the SD card with a different one (the old one is still working with all the data), the issues after I updated to 8.1 are all gone. Great experience!

Master

OdysseusMSFT -

Sorry for all the inconvenience you have been faced with. We are happy to know your device is how working again. Please keep us updated. Remember if you have any question or concerns let us know, we are here to help.

- JaSherai
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have checked multiple times for the update but It still says your phone is up to date. Still on OS 8.10.14203.306 and firmware 2216.14.01.2. Is there any way to force the update?

Master

jcroynhp -

Updates are sent to customers in the order of their serial number. We are not aware of any steps to force an update. We apologize for any inconvenience this is causing you.

- JaSherai
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

To all Sprint windows phone users. Please sign and share this petition:[inappropriate link removed]

Message was edited by: TheModerator

This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines. For your reference, here are the Community Guidelines: 

https://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/blog/2016/02/01/sprintcom-community-terms-con...

Thanks for your participation in the forums!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat