cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung ATIV S Neo

0 Comments

179383-image_NeoSreview.jpg

This was my first Windows Phone device I have got to test over the last 5 weeks. I was really excited to move away from android and try something new. I was not disappointed in the least bit. I cant be happier with the build quality of the Samsung ATIV S Neo. Microsoft keeps a tight leash on what manufactures can do to their phones software wise. I like that though, it creates a better experience for the users that want performance and stability. As many people have said in other blogs here on Sprint Space the battery life and the performance is bar none the best phone I have ever used. This phone is allergic to lag and a charger for that matter. I consistently went 2-3 days without charging my phone, reminded me of the flip phone days. Windows Phone 8 really added a ton of new features. The main one, having the ability to re-size all of your live tiles. Before you could only have one size, so the home screen was a little boring. Windows Phone 8 brought the minimum hardware requirement up as well, which always helps performance. Below I will highlight a few features I really enjoyed.

1. Bing Lock Screen: By selecting a bing lock screen your wallpaper changed daily with high resolution nature screens. You never knew what to expect but they were all beautiful.

lockscreen-screen-general.png

2. The design layout of Windows Phone 8: This meaning every app and function on the phone works the same way. The learning curve on this device is 0, the way you scroll is from left to right within apps.

store-concept-hub-apps.png

3.  Re-sizing live tiles: This screen shot shows the several different sizes a live tile can be with Windows Phone 8

general-screen-start-screen.png

4. Last but not least the Live tiles: The tiles constantly give you important information without opening the app. With a quick glance, I get the information we need.

- First Image via Phonedog.com

- images via Microsoft.com

“The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love phones. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and want to tell you what they think about them. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these phones. The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint.”

0 Comments

i800_400_large1_HERO_3.jpg

With my obsession with listening to tech news podcasts I couldn't be happier with the integrated podcast solution Windows Phone 8 brings built in. I listen anywhere between 4-8 pod-casts a week. From the Windows Phone Store you can search or discover podcasts that interest you. from there once you find one or several you like, you can have your phone automatically download them when available to listen at any time. You can also set the limit of podcasts the app will automatically download. I have the two newest available at all times. The app will automatically delete old podcasts when a new one comes in.  Below I will show how great and easy Windows Phone 8 makes this.

1. Select the store icon

wp_ss_20130914_0001.png

2. From here you select the "podcasts"

wp_ss_20130914_0004.png

3. Scroll from left to right from here to find you podcasts.

wp_ss_20130914_0003.png

4. Now Select Music + Videos

wp_ss_20130916_0001.png

5.  This will show all the Podcasts that you subscribe too.

wp_ss_20130914_0005.png

- First image via Samsung.com

“The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love phones. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and want to tell you what they think about them. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these phones. The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint.”

0 Comments

Samsung-ATIV-S-Neo-Review-Specification-And-Price.jpg

Having tested the Samsung ATIV S Neo for three days now I have to say battery life is hands down the best I have experienced with any phone. I haven't stopped messing with the phone since I have received it in the mail. Having Bluetooth headphones connected all day streaming Pandora for about 5 to 6 hours a day. I have watched a few episodes on Netflix and my battery still lasts ALL day! As I mentioned in my previous blog Samsung ATIV S Neo: Intro to Windows 8 Windows Phone 8 is a real joy and something completely new coming from Android. I have 3 email accounts synced to my device and they all are pushed so I receive all emails as soon as they arrive. Most phones would have a significant battery drain with three emails pinging the servers constantly, not the Samsung ATIV S Neo. On average I am getting 17-20 hrs of battery life on heavy use. I cant imagine what kind of battery life I will receive when I'm not constantly playing with the phone. As you can see in the screen shot with 9% it has two hours left. I tested it and it lasted about two and a half hours, so the estimated time is very accurate. I have the battery saver automatically turn on when the battery level drops to a low level. This feature really extends life.

123.png

0 Comments

Samsung-Ativ-S-Neo-Phone-front-facing-camera.jpg

Much like android with their Google play store. Windows Phone has the same great feature. You can access the Windows Phone 8 app store through a desktop browser and can install apps through the website without touching your phone. If you like me i prefer looking for apps on a much bigger screen. If you visit Windows Phone Store and sign into the Microsoft account you linked with your windows phone. As you can see with the screenshot below it has many useful tools like your purchase history and has a great organization design to find exactly what your looking for. I have discovered some great apps through this tool and I hope you will as well! This is just another great tool for Windows Phone users that are looking a great device even better with the addition to apps! If the screen shot is blurry you can click on it and it will look much better.

Windows+Phone+Apps%2BGames+Store+%28United+States%29.png

- First Image via digitaltrends.com

2 Comments

After having another Windows phone 8 experience in the past month my expectations were already tested. After receiving the Samsung Ativ S Neo, however, they were blown away.

When you open it outside of the box you immediately recall the Galaxy S3 and S4. It's their Windows variant, after all. People often ask me if that's the S4.

The screen is gorgeous. The device is light and plastic but built really well. The screen has amazing viewing angles and the Windows home button is strategically placed for perfect every day one handed use. While the average user might find the side buttons a bit cumbersome and finicky I did not have any issues since my previous devices had varying buttons all over them. (htc evo lte, htc one, lg optimus g, optimus F3)

Speed:

The Krait processor can really hold its own on this OS. The UI is just as fast as the HTC8XT and just as easy to skin and theme. I had absolutely no issues with multi tasking and the device stays responsive after opening many apps at a time.

Apps:

6TAG has taken over the reign as my go to Instagram client and found no hiccups on using other apps just as happily as on the HTC 8XT. Save for a few built in Samsung apps that were pretty amazing and this device is still just as comparable for my daily needs. I still want a dedicated hangouts app or gplus app but I have my ultrabook handy for both just in case.

Music and Videos:

Audiocloud and even mobile Soundcloud via the web are still heavy hitters on the mobile music streaming and they perform really well within the app or on Internet Explorer. I had no need to download any podcasts this time around since I have been on the road the last 3 weeks.

Gaming:

I'll be honest. I been super busy these last 3 weeks and haven't gamed at all! I think I got in an Android based Punch Quest session at dinner while waiting for a table but then I got texted a few times on the ATIV so I put away my HTC EVO LTE. (I carry 3 devices and a hotspot with me at all times)

Text, Email, Chat:

The keyboard is just a hair better than the HTC 8XT and this is due to the size of the device, design, and screen quality. I can mash out messages, replies, and retweets with the best of them. Copy and paste work phenomenally well.

Phone Call Quality:

While the phone call quality and signal strength is great (I was down by the 3rd coast for several days and had excellent service on the beach), it's VERY hard to say goodbye to BOOMSOUND on the HTC ONE and 8XT. The puny rear speaker is designed to be heard no matter where you lay it but BOOMSOUND reigns supreme. I REALLY hope Samsung does some stereo upgrading to future S devices or Windows devices.

Camera / Video Quality:

The camera isn't as high quality as the S3 or S4 but it does take really good pictures. It's not so great under low light and some my Instagram foodie posts came from my Android devices (for shame). The forward facing shooter however was AMAZING every time I put it to the test. Maybe I need more time or some editing but the Galaxy S series has better optics and definitive quality arrangement overall.

Battery life:

I have been using this device at hardcore levels and it's safe to say Windows Phone 8 and Samsung figured out battery life issues. You can go EASILY 2 days without a full charge and that says so much about the underlying code inside of the OS and apps.

So what's going to stop me from buying this device?

The camera isn't a deal breaker but it's something that would stop a photog.

1 Comment

Got my Samsung Ativ S Neo in the mail this morning via Fed Ex and quickly activated it on Sprint.com to share my unboxing and activation on this zippy Windows device. Enjoy!

linkage

Unboxing and activating the Sprint Samsung Ativ S Neo - YouTube