cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

err#129 administratively prohibited message

Highlighted
Journeyman

err#129 administratively prohibited message

Since I bought the Windows Phone 8 Samsung phone, I randomly receive the popup error message err#129 administratively prohibited at the top of the screen just like when a new text arrives. I found an old discussion here around a Motorola phone with a similar message but I didn't see if the issue was ever resolved. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

92 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: err#129 administratively prohibited message

I have the samsung windows phone also (had for about a week), and I also get that message about once or twice per day. Annoying. Not sure what it means, or why I get it, but I do. If it helps narrow it down, I typically get it while I'm at work, and where I work is right on the line between sprint service and roaming. Perhaps that could have something to do with it? If I could turn the message off, I'd probably be okay.

Journeyman

I also get err#129 Administratively Prohibited at work daily.  And err#104 once.  Service is spotty here at work.  jumps to roaming often.  I connect to wifi at work and home.  It must have something to do with poor reception in the area?

Journeyman

It happens with me at work as well. The building just kills the signal so it certainly seems related to signal strength. I'll keep wireless running and see if it continues. I didn't get that message with my previous Windows 7 HTC phone on 3G (in the same building) so perhaps it's related to the 4G network upgrades. Maybe somebody from Sprint support will comment. I've never posted in here before so I don't know if Sprint monitors these or not.

Journeyman

I have WiFi here at work, and I get it even when connected to WiFi. Do you all use Office 365 and/or Exchange ActiveSync? Originally I had believed this error to be coming from ActiveSync, but we can rule that out if either of you don't use that service.

If anyone at sprint is watching this, if you know of a way to surpress that notification I'd be happy with that solution since I can't determine what the message is for and everything still steems to work find on my phone. Just annoying that I think I'm getting a phone call/text, and it turns out its my phone letting me know something I don't even care about didn't work lol.

First time poster here also.

Journeyman

I also seem to get the message at work and I as well have very bad signal. Another note is the settings on the phone default to not allow roaming so I will try that and see what happens

Journeyman

I just got the message. Looked down at my phone and noticed the WiFi was searching for service, and I was roaming... I rebooted my phone and the WiFi came back up. Just some more info to help the community to find the source (and hopefully solution) to this problem.wp_ss_20130829_0002.jpg

Wizard

SROHDE26,

Thanks for the post.  I've done a little research on the 129 error code and the general consensus is that no one is quite sure what the root cause is.  It does seem to be most prevalent when the signal is not strong and seems to impact the windows phone and the Galaxy S2.  Possible suggestions that I've encountered so far range from powercycling the device to refreshing the network settings.  I will continue to research this issue and if I find a suitable work around or fix I will be sure to post my findings here.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care

Michael C.

Journeyman

Thanks Michael. With the impacted phones you've listed, that appears to eliminate the OS from being the issue. I've done power cycles and the issue returns the next day I come to work. Not exactly sure what you mean by refreshing the network settings. Are you talking about the network profile updates?

Communityname_uthe54 - I do use Exchange ActiveSync but also used it on my Windows 7 phone and didn't have this error message.

Journeyman

The reason I thought it was related to Exchange ActiveSync was because I started getting them around the same time I change my Exchange ActiveSync password. Plus the error message would make you believe it could be something to do with bad credentials. I still get my emails, and it doesn't seem to be related - so I guess we can rule that one out.

My last phone (before my windows 8 samsung) was the Galaxy S2, and I did get the errors on that. I just always ignored them becuase it didn't vibrate and tell me.

Journeyman

oh yeah - and I got the message again and I was connected to WiFi - so it seems to happen regardless of a WiFi connection (on the contrairy to what I had predicted earlier) so we can safely rule WiFi out also.

Wizard

communityname,

Thanks for the post.  I spoke with one of our agents that has been looking in to this issue.  He finds that the majority of the times that this issue occurs the device is roaming 9 but not always.  He has tried to replicate it while in roaming with an S2 as well as a windows phone and has not been able to purposely duplicate the error.  i will keep you all posted.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care

Michael C.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat