cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

err#129 administratively prohibited message

Wizard

Re: err#129 administratively prohibited message

communityname_uthe54,

Thanks for the post.  When a complaint comes in like this it goes in to advanced tech to see if they can figure out the cause of the  issue.  If the issue is deemed to be a device or software issue it is then routed to the manufacturer.  If it is deemed to be a network issue it is handled by Sprint.  Due to this issue being very tough to replicate we are working with the users to pinpoint which of the factors contribute most to this issue happening.  Luckily, the issue is not very severe, but it does not mean that we do not want to work to get it resolved.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.

Wizard

communityname_uthe54,

Thanks for the post.  When a complaint comes in like this it goes in to advanced tech to see if they can figure out the cause of the  issue.  If the issue is deemed to be a device or software issue it is then routed to the manufacturer.  If it is deemed to be a network issue it is handled by Sprint.  Due to this issue being very tough to replicate we are working with the users to pinpoint which of the factors contribute most to this issue happening.  Luckily, the issue is not very severe, but it does not mean that we do not want to work to get it resolved.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.

Wizard

communityname_uthe54,

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.

Journeyman

Thanks for the clarification.

Journeyman

Has there be any update on the problem?

I for one am becoming increasing annoyed by it, I get beeped a dozen times a day an it seems like when it is in the 129 state it is not connected to the network so no data is received.

Journeyman

I think I'm getting this message more frequently now... seems like every 15 minutes my phone vibrates and informs me that I've been administratively prohibited. I work in a quiet office environment, and when my phone vibrates like that i can't help but think everyone around me thinks I'm just texting all day.

I'm curious to see what gets fixed first, Healthcare.gov or this issue with our sprint phones.

JudgeGee, can you give us an update on where this issue stands? You said in your most recent response that it is "tough to replicate" however, I'm pretty sure with the amount of feedback given on this website, it is extremely simple to replicate. Just have a sprint tech take one of these phones to the edge of your coverage area and wait 15 minutes. Heck - i'm just located 10 minutes from your world headquarters in Overland Park, KS. Just have the tech drive out here!

Journeyman

Here's a new one I just got err # 136 unknown home agent address
Just sitting in my office.  Never got that one before.

Highlighted
Wizard

Finally_Windows,

Thank you for the post. That error is usually coupled with "You may need to reset or re-enter the Home Agent addresses on your device".  Did someone on your account recently access your MySprint account on Sprint.com or making any changes to your account?

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.

Journeyman

JudgeGee-   No, I have not accessed or made any changes to my account.

Wizard

Finally_Windows,

Thanks for the reply.  If you have the Home Agent address on your device reset this should prevent this from happening again.  You can have a tech at a Sprint service and repair center make sure that it is reset and matches up with what is on file. You can find the nearest location at www.sprint.com/storelocator. 

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.

Journeyman

Michael C.,

Well the first message in this thread was "Aug 28, 2013", it is now Dec 21.  Has there been an update yet?  3 months is a while even in the cell phone world and it is only an update.

This is starting to look like another Arrive phone which never gets updates.

john

Master

jjhii,

Thanks for your post. With any issues that come from the operating system, we work with the manufacturer for a resolution. As we do not manufacture the phones, any update would run through them. We definitely appreciate the patience!

Dan
Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat