cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alarm randomly goes off on my S3 phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Alarm randomly goes off on my S3 phone.

My phone's alarm goes off randomly a few times throughout the day. I don't have any active alarms set other then for my morning wake up. No matter what time of day it goes off, when the alarm goes off it shows the alarm time that I have set for my morning wake up. Any Idea what might be causing this?

9 REPLIES
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Alarm randomly goes off on my S3 phone.

Hey There!

have you tried deleting all alarms and re-adding?

--
Troy Glidden
Sprint Service & Repair Support Supervisor
Portland, OR

Follow me on Twitter! https://www.twitter.com/troyglidden
Journeyman

Hey Troy!

Yes I have deleted all alarms before adding one back on and I don't have any other alarm apps that would conflict with the default alarm that's on the phone.

Sorry for the delayed response! 

Have you also tried clearing any cache/data from the Alarm Clock/Clock application itself?  It's worth a shot to check it out.  Settings>Applications>All>Clock (or Alarm Clock), clear Data and clear cache. 

See if that helps.  For the record I haven't seen anything reported internally on this yet, but I'll keep checking!

--
Troy Glidden
Sprint Service & Repair Support Supervisor
Portland, OR

Follow me on Twitter! https://www.twitter.com/troyglidden
Journeyman

I am having the same issue with my GS3 (SPH-L710). I have Android version 4.1.2 with Baseband ver. L710VPBMD4. I have noticed that my time also randomly changes as well. When my alarm goes off it's for a time I didn't even set it for. It's been doing this for a couple of months. I do not have any other alarm apps. I have tried to update my profile, update PRL, reset my entire phone, cleared all alarms, cleared cache on every app individually, removed the battery and waited a few minutes then powered it back on. It still happens.

Journeyman

Did anyone find a solution? Thanks.

Journeyman

When I had this problem I was told by my local Sprint store that the network in my area was being upgraded causing issues with the local time. In order to fix this, the automatic time update had to be disabled through the settings.

Master

Chevrolet145,

Thank you for posting on our community forum. I apologize for the service issues you are experiencing. Did this help?

Jen R
Sprint Social Care Team  

Journeyman

Yes this did help. Thanks.

Master

Chevrolet145-

Wonderful! Thanks for the update.

Stephanie C.

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.