cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 4.3 Problems on Samsung GS3

Highlighted
Journeyman

Android 4.3 Problems on Samsung GS3

Phone was "updated" to Android 4.3 yesterday and now am having problems with it. It keeps notifying me that files I already have on my phone were downloaded. I clear the notifications and within a few minutes, they're back. Pain in the butt to keep clearing them. Also, SERIOUS battery drain problems since the "update". Unplugged the charger this morning and by the time I got to work (about 45 minutes later) it was down to 70%. By 11am it was totally dead. Have not had ANY battery issues prior to yesterday.

Anyone else having these issues with the update?

Tags (2)
15 REPLIES 15
Journeyman

Re: Android 4.3 Problems on Samsung GS3

Yes!!!! Having the exact same problem.  Keeps downloading a picture that I downloaded a couple of weeks ago.  I even deleted the pic and it still keeps notifying me that the file has been downloaded but now it says its unable to find it.  Battery is draining like crazy!!! 

Journeyman

Yes it is happening with me as well.  This is one of the many other issues with my phone however this problem is brand new right after a huge system update.  Just don't have time to get to the Sprint store to vent my frustrations with service or lack off service.

Master

Thank you for posting. Have you tried a factory reset this. We are finding that this is resolving many of the issues from this update.

Annmarie
Sprint Social Care Team

Master

YapLuva,

I do apologize that you are having these issues.

What troubleshooting steps have you taken at this time, if any?

Thank you,

George M.
Sprint Social Care Team

Master

Ferdski,

Thanks for posting. We definitely want to help you out to the best of our abilities.

Did you get a chance to try any troubleshooting as of yet?

Thank you,

George M.
Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Yup I have and it's now fixed. Thank you Sprint Customer Service. Didn't note the guys name but he even fixed the problem I've been experiencing with the annoying beep every minute.

Master

Awesome! Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with. keep in touch!

Sincerely,

Colleen Sprint social care

Journeyman

What is resetting to factory defaults going to do? Am I going to lose everything? Or does this just set it back to a previous software version without losing contacts, pictures, text messages, etc...?

Journeyman

That update hard bricked my phone I had to get a new one fron sprint and now theyre ripping me off for that one. Merry christmas to me.

Master

nickmcelrea,

Wow! This is not at all how I would like you to feel. I am sorry that your phone had issues with the update! What do you mean by "they're ripping me off" the new one? Did you take it into one of our Service and Repair locations? Let me know, I'd be happy to help.

*Andi R.
Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Factory reset seems to have taken care of the issue. Thanks.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat