cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Samsung Moment battery question....

Journeyman

Another Samsung Moment battery question....

I have only had the moment for a few days. I understand it will take a few days to condition the battery, but over the few days I have had it i will unplug it in the morning and with very little use it will completely die after 8-10 hours. (Screen will dim phone will shut itself off) I know these phones do drain more battery, but is there any way I can get the battery to last even a whole work day? I have seen the other forums saying to shut off GPS and Wi-Fi and set the weather widget to a specific location instead of find the location you are at. Also, I do have the CL14 update and I have seen people saying that should help, but I should still be able to make it through the day when I don't even make a call. ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Another Samsung Moment battery question....

Sorry to break the news bro.. These smartphones usually last around 8-10 hours. There's nothing wrong with your phone or battery. I have a Touch Pro2 and by the time my 10 hour work shift is over I have about 1-2 out 4 cells left on my phone. And I'm not even using the stock Sprint Windows 6.5 ROM. Basically if I was running the original TP2 programming I'd prob only last 6-8 hrs.

These phones are like small computers. How long would your laptop last plugged up with its original battery?

Journeyman

So is the Moments battery just that much worse then the Heros? My wife got the Hero and a friend of mine also has it. My wife isn't a heavy phone user, but she can still unplug it before work at 7 in the morning and when we go to bed at 10-11 at night she still has power. My friend uses it as a work phone and he gets e-mails pushed to his Hero all day and he never has battery issues.

Journeyman

Most reviewers say that if you use almost any smartphone a lot throughout the day (texting, web browsing, listening to music, making/receiving calls) that your not going to make it through a work day without a charging.

Message was edited by: x_hero

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat