cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bit the bullet and bought a new (extended) battery

Highlighted
Journeyman

Bit the bullet and bought a new (extended) battery

Did the ol' 'spin test' mentioned on this forum, on my old battery and sure enough, the thing was imperceptively bulging which allowed it to spin like a top on a flat surface.

Got an extended batter off ebay for like 10 bucks... It also includes a modified backplate for the phone because the stock one will no longer fit over this larger battery... Well... the results are pretty impressive.   Its still at 80%, 20 hours later.

The cons are obviously the phone is now a little bigger, and i also can't use my rubber shell, as it will no longer fit... 

Though, all in all, people blaming Sprint, might instead blame the Samsung battery.   This phone is now like 2 years old, so it stands to reason maybe the battery has petered out by now.    The only question is, did the update, mess up the battery?  Me? I think using various non-stock chargers probably messed up my original batter more than anything else.

0 REPLIES 0
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat