cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug 9695860?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Bug 9695860?

Hello:  Bluebox Security Scanner scan returned with this message "Patch Status  Patched for bug 8219321 Unpatched/vulnerable to bu 9695860 (2nd master key/blog.sina.com.cn bug) Ask your device vendor for update.

What does this mean?

What do I need (if anything) to do to fix this?

Samsung GS3 Android 4.1.2  I've tried updating everything under Settings/System Update

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

Re: Bug 9695860?

VMH1,

Thanks for your post. I understand you received an error while trying to use the BlueBox Security Scanner. I apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you, and I am happy to assist you further. To begin, since you've first received said error, have your uninstalled and then re-installed  said application?

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Hello, I did not receive an error whilst using Bluebox Security Scanner.  I ran a scan and Bluebox returned the message

"Patch Status  Patched for bug 8219321 Unpatched/vulnerable to bug 9695860 (2nd master key/blog.sina.com.cn bug) Ask your device vendor for update."

In other words the Samsung is missing the patch necessary to fix the vulnerability that has been in the news recently referred to as bug 9695860.  I wanted to know what Sprint was doing about getting the necessary patch out?

Thank you

Wizard

Hi VMH1,

Thanks for your post.  A fix for this issues is supposedly being correct in a firmware/software update. These updates are issued though the device manufacture. How recently have you updated your device?

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Hi, as I mentioned in the first posting of August 12th, I ran all possible updates under System Update on the Samsung. 

Wizard

VMH1,

Thanks for your post. Since this issue is ongoing, have you considered visiting a S&R center for additional assistance? To locate your nearest store please visit www.sprint.com/storelocator. Please share with us the outcome of your store visit.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat