cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I blacklist select wifi networks on my Galaxy S3?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can I blacklist select wifi networks on my Galaxy S3?

Here's my problem.  Connection Optimizer is a great idea on paper but not so much for me in real life.  Outside of where I work it works quite well and I like it.  At work it just eats my battery.  By mutual agreement I do not connect my personal phone to my employer's secure protected wifi network.  When I leave home to go to work the Connection Optimizer turns off my wifi for my drive to work and that's great.  When I get to work my phone sniffs the strong wifi signals, realizes the networks are locked, and leaves the wifi turned on.  I notice the phone in my pocket which should be idle is getting warm so I pull it out, notice the 20% drop in battery, and turn off the wifi.  An hour or two later it happens again and this goes on all day long or until I have a dead battery.

If there were a way to blacklist the wifi networks at work this would be an easy problem to fix.  Can it be done and if so what do I need to do?

4 REPLIES 4
Master

Re: Can I blacklist select wifi networks on my Galaxy S3?

UdlqvylpaecxzuR5793265,

I do apologize, but it does not appear that a WiFi blacklist can be created. There may be 3rd party apps that you can do this with. Turning off the Connection Optimizer would be another option.

- John R
Sprint Social Care
Master

Once you go under your WiFi list of the connections, you click on the WiFi that you want to block and select forget.

Also, Connection Optimizer will always look for WiFi networks, so it will be best if you just turn it off, that will save a little more battery.

Do you have power saving mode on?

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

My problem was solved by changing phones but I appreciate your response.

Connection Optimizer may have been great in theory but the way they implemented it was a deal breaker for me.  If Connection Optimizer would have stayed off when I turned it off I could have lived with it. 

Master

lol an expensive way for a solution.

Also that is weird, my Connection Optimizer stays off. I turned it off since it will try to conect to open networks around me (even when I was driving) and it has not turned itself on again.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat