Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Not Receive Voicemail, Only Voice SMS

37 REPLIES
Master

Re: Can Not Receive Voicemail, Only Voice SMS

Karrekiyasmom,

Thanks for reaching out! Sorry to hear of the trouble you are having with the Voicemail to text. It sounds like this may have been subscribed to in error. It's not an app that you download.

We can certainly stop the trial and remove the feature from your device. We will need to access your account and remove the feature in our Service Management tool. Please send us a private message with your account name, phone number, security pin, and the URL for this thread.

Regards,

Duane

Sprint Social Care 

Journeyman

I've never downloaded a visual voicemail so I dont have a voicemal icon

Master

Karrekiyasmom,
It sounds like you may have subscribed to Visual Voicemail to Text (VVT). Visual Voicemail to Text converts voicemail to text through an automated transcription process. You can try Visual Voicemail to Text for 30 days before subscribing. Here's some steps to unsubscribe:

1. Select the Voicemail icon on the phone.

2. Press Menu key (ICON on bottom right within application). Select Settings> Manage Subscription.

3. Pop-up Unsubscribe will appear with the option to "Unsubscribe"

Alexes Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

Someone please help.....ive never downloaded a sms app, and I have an iphone.....but I did have the app called trap call and recently deleted it and thats when I had the problem.....but now im also getting personal texts from people who leave a voicemail....... oh and I dont have google voice either

Message was edited by: Karrekiyasmom

Master

cerise1016 - So sorry to hear about this.  Did you contact the phone number provided and were they able to help?  If not, perhaps you could try to uninstall and then reinstall the Google Voice app on your phone. I've included a link with the steps to set up the Google Voice service on your phone http://bit.ly/1eAqtt0. Let us know how this works out. -

Kayan

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

this problem just started for me on my iPhone 5S. I have Google Voice, and it is not showing the messages I was notified about with the weird ANDROID// SMS message. I got the same instructions to call a number, with a confusing message about "have you bought a new handset" if so press 1, etc.

I do not seem to have Visual Voicemail on my phone, and when I call in to my Sprint voice mail, the most recent message is NOT the one I need that I was notified about on SMS. How do I fix this?

Thank you!

Master

SamInTheSouth,

I'm glad the suggested information helped.  Please do let us know if you have any questions and thank you for being a Sprint customer.

Sprint Social Care Team

David

Journeyman

That worked for me. Thanks

Journeyman

Ihave beem having the same problem. PLease someone help me fix this. I get the message from 9016 and the ANDROID ##### has sent you a voicemail text. I can call my own phone number and retrieve messages but I want this app stopped. HOw do we fix this?

Randilynn610

Journeyman

Enormous Help!!   Thank you JP !!!