cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot always receive calls on our Victory 4G LTE

Highlighted
Journeyman

Cannot always receive calls on our Victory 4G LTE

My husband and I both upgraded to the new Victory in December.  Since that time, we cannot consistently receive phone calls.  There is no problem with text messaging nor making calls. Not only are we missing these calls, there is not a missed call notification.  Voice mails will come through.  I have checked both phones to make sure they were up to date.  The areas we have the problems are listed as Sprint Coverage Area with a Fair signal.  Other Sprint users do not have the problem in the same locations.  Is this a problem with the phone?  How can we receive service in the areas, the main one being at our house?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been having the same issue with my phone, i just upgraded to the Moto X and my phone seems to be letting some calls/texts through but not all.

Highlighted

jr88gma,

I hear your concerns. To address these, can you please provide your zip code & nearest cross streets? Happy to help.

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted

BlossomParekh,

I'd be happy to assist you. Can you please provide your zip code & nearest cross streets? Thanks.

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

My zip is 23047, nearest cross streets are Tower Road and Horseshoe Bridge Road.  I checked the service area and it says it's a "fair" area.  We didn't have this problem with other phones, only the new Victory.  Thanks! 

jr88gma,

Thank you for the information. The reason you are experiencing issues in this area is that it has been identified as an area with decreased signal strength. This occurs because the signal strength may vary as you get further from the cell site. I can understand that this is a frustrating experience. I have reported the issue to our network team so that they will be aware of your specific location. Sprint is continually working to expand our cell sites and their ability to support more areas. Throughout the next year we will be making major updates to your market, after this time it is possible that the signal strength in this area may improve. You can also learn more about what we are doing to improve our network by visiting www.sprint.com/network.

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

One more question, are you saying that the signal strength has decreased in our area in the last year?  We have lived in the same house since 2001.  We have only had this issue since we upgraded our phones in December, 2012.  It's not the phones we upgraded to?  My daughter who has a different phone but still on our plan, doesn't have this issue when she visits.  That's why I assumed it was the phones and that there may be an update or something that could be done to resolve it. 

Highlighted

jr88gma,

I apologize for my delayed reply. According to our coverage maps, your location has been identified as an area with decreased signal strength. Although every Sprint user in that area is not being impacted as severely, these issues still may occur due to the lack of coverage. I have specified that the Victory 4G LTE is the device that is impacted. Sorry for the inconvenience.

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat