cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot enable CallingPLUS on my S8+

Wizard

Re: Cannot enable CallingPLUS on my S8+

Just to clarify, are you having the same issue as davidvhaney where he cannot connect to wifi and getting an error message?

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Highlighted
Journeyman

To be honest, i am so fed up with sprint service in my areas since hurricane, I want to throw phones through a wall... But to the point. My new S8 has many issues, but the most important to me is phone use. i can not run my business without it and i get no signal or barely any signal at home since Hurricane irma. (your towers were lost in area and all they have here is temp towers). So i used WiFi calling on my S3 since the hurricane, when i was forced to replace that phone with new phone I got S8. WiFi calling worked fine here for weeks, today, it will not work. i have done rebooting phone, turning on an off location, turned on and off calling plus, deactivated calling plus and did the restart stuff, all that I have read online and I am simply fed up. I HAVE to use my phone as we are a 24 hour a day business and my entire life depends on receiving phone calls. When I turn on calling plus, i get a little squigly icon line over the word "sprint" in upper left corner, then NOTHING else comes up. the calling plus icon "USE TO" come up, now it just stopped all the sudden and will not activate. As I sit here losing money because i can't get calls I am beyond myself with anger at Sprint. every once in a while, it goes to roaming and life is great because all other phone services in area have great signal EXCEPT sprint (thus my NEED to use wifi calling).. i am beyond myself, I am so angry right now I am not in good frame of mind

Journeyman

Re: Software Update: S8/S8+ - CallingPLUS now enabled!

This is not my issue... I checked (never heard of or used data saver) but I found it NOT activated, so this is not a fix for my issue

GrandMaster

the sprint name being crossed out top left is the part that intrigues me here..even Verizon is doing that now as a identifier..but with yours having a line through it makes me wonder if somehow it disconnected itself from your line or something..i'll be in a roaming area here in about a hour to see if the sprint logo on my G6 looks any different or not..but i dont remember it showing any other way than the sprint name

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

the sprint name being crossed out top left is the part that intrigues me here..even Verizon is doing that now as a identifier..but with yours having a line through it makes me wonder if somehow it disconnected itself from your line or something..i'll be in a roaming area here in about a hour to see if the sprint logo on my G6 looks any different or not..but i dont remember it showing any other way than the sprint name

Technically, it isn't a line through it.. more of a replacement of it. it is so fast, i missed it, and doesn't always do that.. But as of this morning at about 10:00 AM all function of my calling plus has ceased.

My Sprint mobile connection varies, but basically I need go near a window to get signal sometimes... it is a local tower issue where sprint is in their 7 month and still on temp towers far from me.

Another thing i note diff in S* "always" is that locaiton icon in quick access area on top, does not even show...except maybe when i turn on maps. 

Another thing discovered, i attempted to start calling plus but purposefully left location OFF and calling plus did not warn me that location needed to be turned on. I seem to remember it normally would do that if i had location off.

Between the Sprint issue over last 8 months and the samsung issue now.. (loved my S3, but screwed charging port required a sudden purchase of new phone on a saturday about 3 weeks ago). Calls reaching me 24/7 is an absolute MUST.... with all the Sprint signal issues in area and now galaxy issues on sprint phone, I just need change carriers I think...   Hoping they will take back phone, because i won't pay for it when switching service carriers (i been a sprint customer since Sprint was a cell provider, 10 + years?) but customer service has increasing got worse over the years. the responses here are great more than I have received in help from 10+ years of combined sprint customer care... They always just start with the suggestion that includes "Factory Reset" almost before you are done explaining issues.

Journeyman

ONE MORE NOT ABOUT THE LINE/ICON. I just paid careful attention, i would assimilate it as a box, with a graph icon in it starting smaller on left and bigger graph line on right. VERY small though and up for only maybe 3 seconds
Journeyman

My issue with chatting plus....  Even though I'm in the s9+ Photo attached!

Screenshot_20180613-222715_Sprint Hub.jpg

Journeyman

YOU NOT ALONE!

I have dedicated over 20 hard hours of trouble shooting with sprint tech support. Factory reprovisioning, Safe mode booting, Wi-Fi on Wi-Fi off, restarting the phone a million times. to no avail. When I try to enable CallingPLUS, The only thing I see is "Can not turn on Wi-Fi calling service". Standing on my head. Router on Router off. Yes it still malfunctions when i try to connect to other wifi routers as well. As matter of fact I have 4 routers at my home and three at WORK. "Can not turn on Wi-Fi calling service". I even called Samsung tech support to get the phone replaced. They want me to send them the phone for an  8 to 10 day turn around. Unacceptable!

CallingPLUS worked with my old S8+ before the screen was crushed by a coworker. I pay good money to have my Sprint service which is lack luster to begin with where I live. 900 dollars for a phone LEASE! to find out they treat it as if you own it not lease it. 250 a month for premium data service. And Sprint thinks it is just OK. To do nothing. If Sprint is not willing to fix the issue at hand. Ive been with spring for 20 years. That my friends is about to end.

Journeyman

This is either a Android 8.0 issue or something on Sprint’s end. When I had 7.0 Android this was active and upgrading to 8.0 it remained active. These problems didn’t start for me until I mailed my phone in to Samsung to get my screen fixed. I had to wipe my phone and since doing that the WiFi calling won’t activate. I’ve restored from backups and done a clean wipe with no backup and the results are the same. I doubt this will get fixed because I’ve yet to see this openly acknowledged as a known bug. I’m not sure WiFi calling is widely used enough for a fuss to be made about this and as customers we don’t have access to anyone who can address this or get it addressed. All we get calling is is low level reboot the phone types working off a basic script. 

Community Manager

@imex99 wrote:

My issue with chatting plus....  Even though I'm in the s9+ Photo attached!

Screenshot_20180613-222715_Sprint Hub.jpg

I see you @imex99!  Posting the same issue in multiple threads.  I'm going to tell the mods!  LOL!  Not sure if you got my PM yet, but we are process of removing your profile from the Wifi Calling Servers.  For those who have not stumbled across the other thread with @imex99, you get this message when you already have a profile created.  Usually, what happens, you have WIFI Calling on one device, get it exchanged for another, and when you try to activate it on the new device, you get an error like the one above.  The Server is not "Not uh!  I'm not going to activate you because you are already ACTIVE!".  So we have to remove the profile.

Journeyman

More on that icon... The icon line through the sprint name when trying to activate calling plus is the icon for Sprint Hub turning on, is what I find out now. I have not had opportunity to get into town for any phone changes and am still fighting the issue of no calling plus so I did some digging. Now at least I know what that icon is that comes up when i attempt to activate calling plus.. even though, calling plus STILL DOES NOT WORK for me after 3 weeks of working fine before.

Journeyman

Screenshot_20180615-044049_Calling Plus.jpg

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat