cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot enable CallingPLUS on my S8+

Wizard

Re: Cannot enable CallingPLUS on my S8+

Another person with the same device has stated the following:

"Calling Plus will not work with Data Saver on. So if anyone else has a Calling Plus configuration problem try this: wifi and mobile data turned on, & data saver turned off."

Try this and also reset the network settings by dialing ##72786# and press call. After, try to enable services and let me know if that works.

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

Same issue but data saver it's off and have already reset between settings when I received a call from ticket support. No fix yet, still working on it and will call me back....

Photo showing data saver off, attached!Screenshot_20180615-134324_Settings.jpg

Wizard

Ok great, let me know what they say. I'm still doing some additional research on my end also.

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

I too have ASSURED data saver is off, even though in Calling Plus there is an option to override that issue. in either case, never used data Saver, assured it is off and never turned it on. Seems several people who use Calling pluss are having same issue. Seems to also be a sprint issue and seems to have started a couple days ago. I don't think many of us use Calling plus thus probably not a lot of people notice the issue.

personally, i wanted to change out my less than 30 day old phone or the carrier but have been too busy all week to head to a store. i will be trying to go there this weekend to get this issue solved due to the fact it isn't a convenience issue for me but a need to have issue.

Journeyman

Re: NEW INFO Cannot enable CallingPLUS on my S8+ (but works in different local)

First off, i see a posting that this issue is solved. Sorry to say, this issue IS NOT SOLVED. so tell us if a new thread should be started, because the "solved" link is NOT A SOLUTION for me and others.

So I came across a NEW ISSUE concerning the calling plus issue. As stated before, calling plus just stopped working at my home this last week. it ALSO would not work at my office where I have my Wi-Fi set up exactly as my home for ease of connecting at office or home. (home and office about 3 miles apart) 

I went on a short trip today to my father hosue (Approximately 45 miles from my home)  that I have wi-fi info saved to my phone. Different wi-fi provider (all three are different by the way, home, office and this new third location) and I look at my phone and Calling Plus is active and WORKING THERE!!!!  i figured Sprint had some new update. it worked the entire time i was there on this whole other wi-fi, where the address on my location settings is different than where I was actually located (and i NEVER changed my location info).  And at my father house all was working (even though incorrect 911 emergency address info loaded and is wrong for location I was at). Then, when i return to my office today, Calling Plus WILL NOT WORK... then i come home and calling plus STILL WILL NOT work.

this tells me the issue is not some sort of basic setting, or an App issue or an App conflict issue. Seems to be a SPRINT ISSUE. Seems sprint has done something to the app etc where it will not work here, yet I can work it when in the totally different location. 

Hoping this helps the troubleshooters with new information regarding the people who are having the same issue with their calling plus. Although there is a post about this issue being "solved" the issue IS NOT SOLVED by any stretch of the imagination...

@imex99 Looks like we got your pone working, that is awesome news! We are always here for you.

AnnGee77
 Social Care Princess ?

?Lover of Everything Magical ?
Please give glitter coated Kudos and crown thee with Accepted Solutions.

@alleninc02, This sounds very frustrating.  Do you get an error message when trying to make a phone call? What is actually happening on your device?

AnnGee77
 Social Care Princess ?

Journeyman

What are you talking about?

I was contacted about my issue with Calling plus not being able to be turned on.. Supposedly itsi being worked on but no fixed yet!

This issue is not RESOLVED!

Oops, my mistake, you are correct. I am confident we will find a resolution for you.

AnnGee77
 Social Care Princess ?

Highlighted
Journeyman

There has been 3 or 4 different "sprint care" people responding to me over time. Is reason I asked if a new Calling Plus issue thread should be started. Not one of the "solved" links in this thread has anything to do with issue. I have explained this in detail in this thread and in a thread I started asking if a person could force roaming to another carrier that has great signals everywhere (unlike sprint).

The ISSUE for me and many other is calling plus DOES NOT TURN ON..... PERIOD.

My calling plus worked for the 3 weeks since I bought this phone, then one morning, it will not enable any more. That is until yesterday when i drove 45 minutes away from this area, calling plus magically started working perfectly at another location.

Just to be PERFECTLY CLEAR. there is no issue with Wi-Fi. All wi-Fi connections at my home and business are fine. I can use wifi to get on internet, i have tested all that, so no issue with the wifi itself. it seems sprint all the sudden didn't like the fact i was using calling plus after three weeks and stopped it from working in this local.

Yes, I have read through the thread and aware of the situation. When you try to turn on your WiFi Calling, do your get a connection error, a network error, what kind of error message do you get? Any phone that is capable to use WIFI Calling, we are going to give you the opportunity to use it because we enabled the service and wanted this service for our customers.

AnnGee77
 Social Care Princess ?

Journeyman

I follow the following routine to use Calling Pluss on my new S8. Similar to how I used Wi-Fi calling on my S3 for 3 years.

1. I make sure my loaction service is turned on. I have used Phone only (uses GPS) and have tried to use better location setup (uses wiFi and GPS and Blue tooth) althouhgh I have no need to use Blue tooth and keep it off most time. Although, i have recycled phone with blue tooth on just to test.

2. I then turn on Calling Plus. (When calling plus used to work), i would turn on Calling plus and the location symbol would show up (only shows up an icon when using maps or when I used to turn on calling plus) then the calling plus icon would appear and stay on). and i could use calling plus.

3. NOW when i try to use calling plus, when i turn on from quick launch bar on top or from app, the sprint hub icon comes up where the "sprint" name is on upper left. the icon looks like a graph symbol. then that goes away and calling plus will not work.

4. I have attempted EVERY SINGLE SUGGESTED FIX from this thread. All those threads that state "issue solved" is NOT a solution.

i get no error messages, nothing to indicate the service is working or a message that it is not working, it JUST DOESN'T COME ON AND WORK. My only indication that it is not working is the fact I have terrible sprint service and i do not get the telephone icon that comes up when calling plus is being used, i simply get the regular phone icon on screen (as one would see when normally using phone to call or hang up)

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat