cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot enable CallingPLUS on my S8+

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Re: Software Update: S8/S8+ - CallingPLUS now enabled!

That is the GS8 Active model (G892U).  It has not yet updated to Android 8.0 (Oreo).  The RC1 software is the latest.  

GrandMaster

i thought that might have been the case once i noticed they mentioned Active.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

My phone updated and now my calling plus will not work. There is not error message. It shows on but does not display display at the top. It will not call over the internet while at home and I get no reception.

GrandMaster

go into the calling plus settings and make sure its on in there..then update your location in it to refresh it just in case that is the cause. then test it out and post back what the results are.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

It's still not working. I had this issue before and Sprint made me factory reset my phone. It didn't solve the problem. Then my phone updates and the calling plus worked. Now my phone updated this week and stopped working.

GrandMaster

your phone is now on Oreo correct? which device is it that you have again?

Journeyman

Journeyman

I have the s8 and it's on 8.0 fully updated. The update is what messed up my calling plus.

GrandMaster

got it. i know there have been a few things that update has changed up and or boogered up..might be one of the list of things needing an additional update to take care of. have you checked out the play store to make sure all the main things in there are fully up to date as well? so that they are compatible with Oreo.

Journeyman

Hello yes I have a customer who everytime they try to set up Calling Plus it goes through the steps but calling plus never turns on.  have already cleaed cache and data in the app did all the network update and system updates but it still wont turn on.  any help would be greatly appreciated

Journeyman

Hi @SeanP, Do you get any error when you finish to set up Calling Plus?

Jey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have a note 8 and I'm having thot issue with calling plus being on but not active on my wifi it's been going on for some time now like this I wanmw say since the Oreo update any help would be great thanks

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat