cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check here for Enhanced Messaging/RCS implementation problems

Journeyman

Re: Check here for Enhanced Messaging/RCS implementation problems

After clearing the data in my messaging app, turning my phone off then back on, it finally registered. 

Community Manager

LOL, Well a little more than that.  I had to delete you from the RCS server first.  Then you did the rest of the work.  Glad to have you up and running.

@Catie_moore wrote:

After clearing the data in my messaging app, turning my phone off then back on, it finally registered. 

Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

LOL, Well a little more than that.  I had to delete you from the RCS server first.  Then you did the rest of the work.  Glad to have you up and running.

@Catie_moore wrote:

Hello William. I never had RCS on my device and I had the Nexus 6P, S8, now S9. Each device I tried to activate it with no success. I have been searching the web and many forums. Including the Sprint one. This is the first time I seen someone say they fixed it. Like many others, I never received a code. Or using Android messages, it tells me it's taking a little longer and never works.

Community Manager

William?  Wow, so formal!  PM me your number and the text messaging client you are using.

@ilovetheheat wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

@Catie_moore wrote:

Hello William. I never had RCS on my device and I had the Nexus 6P, S8, now S9. Each device I tried to activate it with no success. I have been searching the web and many forums. Including the Sprint one. This is the first time I seen someone say they fixed it. Like many others, I never received a code. Or using Android messages, it tells me it's taking a little longer and never works.

Journeyman

Haha, sorry. I seen it in your user name and assumed it was your actual name. Sorry if it isnti! But I will send my info. 

Community Manager

Just messing with you.  We keep it informal around here.

Journeyman

After not having RCS work for me for 3 years, my problem was solved within 30 minutes! I really appreciate the help.

Community Manager

No problem!  I'm glad I could help.

@ilovetheheat wrote:

After not having RCS work for me for 3 years, my problem was solved within 30 minutes! I really appreciate the help.

Journeyman

I am having this same issue. I have clicked the "Chat Settings" option several times, but never receive a code. This use to work, but it stopped several months ago, and I never thought anything of it.  This is a s8+ that RCS is not working on.  I try to go back in to the chat setting again and it is grayed out.  I talked to Sprint technical support on the phone for a hour and they didn't have a clue of what i was talking about.  Very useless. Please help.  

Tags (0)
Community Manager

PM me your phone number?

@CMTAYLOR41 wrote:

I am having this same issue. I have clicked the "Chat Settings" option several times, but never receive a code. This use to work, but it stopped several months ago, and I never thought anything of it.  This is a s8+ that RCS is not working on.  I try to go back in to the chat setting again and it is grayed out.  I talked to Sprint technical support on the phone for a hour and they didn't have a clue of what i was talking about.  Very useless. Please help.  

Tags (0)

Journeyman

I just went ahead and disabled it in my phone....i gave up putting the code in 3 times a day

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same issue. My phone worked fine until I changed my phone number yesterday. Now I am having the same symptoms as everyone else it seems. I click chat settings and either the phone does nothing and "chat settings" is grayed out or it will open the validation code box but I'll never get a validation code. I'm wondering if the code is going to my old number? 

I sent Em_Will_I_Am a message hoping to get my RCS or whatever reset. This function is pretty vital to my wife and I.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat