cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check here for Enhanced Messaging/RCS implementation problems

Highlighted
Community Manager

Check here for Enhanced Messaging/RCS implementation problems

Update:  Some S8/8+ and Note 8 users who have been experiencing issues RCS registration may benefit from the tips that @Troy_Glidden lays out for us in his recent RCS Fix blog article

Multiple users are reporting issues with the installation/implementation of Enhanced Messaging (Rich Communications) functionality on the S8/8+.  These issues may include:

• Failure to receive a confirmation message (which in turn means that RCS is not enabled)
  • Receiving multiple confirmation messages, sometimes those messages state that Enhanced Messaging Update has failed
  • Inability to toggle RCS on in Messages: Settings: Chat Settings

To be clear: it's not necessary to input the confirmation number into a field in order to get RCS to work.  That code is absorbed by the app itself when it's successfully installed in the system.

Q:  How can you tell if RCS/Enhanced Messaging is working on your device (assuming you are able to toggle it on)?

• Enhanced Messaging/RCS only works when BOTH parties have it and have it turned on.  When your message recipient also has RCS enabled, your message "send" button should be green.  You should see "chat here" instead of "message here" in the composition window.  You should also be able to toggle Read Receipts on.  

**Sprint and Samsung also pushed a fix to several Samsung devices which should help with MMS and SMS messages delayed 12 hours.  Be sure that your software is up to date in order to get the most benefit from this update ** 

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

477 REPLIES 477
Highlighted

so right around when you would have received this update.

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Samsung/Software-Update-Samsung-Galaxy-S9-G965U-1-31-2019/m-p/103209...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

Yes it was right after that. 

Highlighted

im waiting on a bit of info on this one. i can say however that another one of Samsungs devices have ran into this after the update..just havent spotted anything with the S9+ until now after that update from Sammy pushed through.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

PM me your phone number and I can check your status on the RCS servers.

@toxicash87 wrote:

Yes it was right after that. 

Highlighted

I'm having the same problem with my S9 and RCS. Is there anyone that knows how to fix it?

Highlighted

Mine stopped working a while ago, all of a sudden last night it started working again. This morning it is still working with everyone (sending and receiving) except one person and I can't send out any messages to that one person,  He's not receiving them and I'm getting a not delivered notification. He is getting texts from everyone else fine and I get messages from him just fine. @Em_Will_I_Am you tried to help me before, I gave up because the only thing left was to reset my phone.  I'm going to PM you both numbers maybe you can help us!🤞

Highlighted

Yeah, PM me your number and I will check the RCS server.

@someaddress wrote:

I'm having the same problem with my S9 and RCS. Is there anyone that knows how to fix it?

Highlighted

Hard reset your phone and let's see what happens! Man Tongue

I'll check it out.

@BlingGirl wrote:

Mine stopped working a while ago, all of a sudden last night it started working again. This morning it is still working with everyone (sending and receiving) except one person and I can't send out any messages to that one person,  He's not receiving them and I'm getting a not delivered notification. He is getting texts from everyone else fine and I get messages from him just fine. @Em_Will_I_Am you tried to help me before, I gave up because the only thing left was to reset my phone.  I'm going to PM you both numbers maybe you can help us!🤞

Highlighted

I've been trying to get RCS/Chat enabled on my S8 for a while now.  I had it in the past, but now there are no options at all in the stock messages app or any indication that RCS has been enabled.  Please help!

Highlighted

PM me your Phone number.

@joen05 wrote:

I've been trying to get RCS/Chat enabled on my S8 for a while now.  I had it in the past, but now there are no options at all in the stock messages app or any indication that RCS has been enabled.  Please help!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat