cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check here for Enhanced Messaging/RCS implementation problems

Journeyman

Re: Check here for Enhanced Messaging/RCS implementation problems

I can confirm it is working for me too. Please note that you must first have Samsung Messages set as the default or else the text will not come through.

Journeyman

Screenshot_20170825-153612.jpg

20170825_153808.png

20170825_154243.png

I only have one person with RCS in my contacts but this shows my options when clicking the 3 dots, the contacts when clicking start group chat, and how the send button is green. 

Journeyman

My group chat button used to be three but didn't work. Now it's completely gone. I still have chat settings activated, but just isn't working yet. 

Journeyman

Nothing here yet. Set to default and force stop and cleared cache. Updated prl and profile.

Thank you for the screen shots, very exciting.

Journeyman

Meh. So it looks like it only works when sending messages to/from other Sprint users who also have an RCS-capable messaging app installed. That eliminates all my contacts. Ah well. Thanks anyways.

Journeyman

@seawolf Did they figure out something that fixed some people?

I received a call back from Sprint but they keep pushing it out 2 or 3 days, this would be the third time they pushed it. My next followup call is Monday. The guy on the phone said it should be fixed already.

Community Manager

I haven't seen anything and I've been watching for it and following this thread carefully.  I'll reach out and poke someone but I don't know that I'll hear anything on the weekend. I agree that it looks like something happened.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

To anyone that just got it to work when it wasn't working before, did you turn on Wi-Fi calling or turn off Wi-Fi or anything that was different then before? Performance modes?

I have never received a code on this phone. Did you have any other text message apps installed?

I'm racking my mind as to why mine isn't working still. 

Did the rcs screen still pop up and you got a text message and it filled it in or did you have to input the code? What was different then before?

Journeyman

@SheenaMarieS wrote:

So I'm not sure if this is what caused it to fix itself or if it was just a coincidence, but the annoying "Tap Here for New Messaging Features" pop-up FINALLY went away. I clicked and held on the Messages App until the pop-up with 'App Info' came up. I clicked 'App Info' and clicked Force Stop. Next, I re-opened Messages and clicked the Pop-Up for New Messaging Features and it said 'Successfully Registered' and I received a confirmation code from 9197 saying Messenger's enhanced features have been enabled (Confirmation ID: xxxxxx). Now when I open Messages, the pop-up is gone! 🙂

This worked for me!

Journeyman

I don't have a pop-up. Mine says that it was activated and there was a code. It's just still not working. 

Journeyman

Just wish it would activate and show group chat so I can get rid of this rcs screen. I seriously don't understand why this wasn't tested better, possibly beta tested like bixby was before it was released.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@REANNALYNNE wrote:

I don't have a pop-up. Mine says that it was activated and there was a code. It's just still not working. 

Did you try rebooting? I had the same problem. Rebooted, and I was good.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat