cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check here for Enhanced Messaging/RCS implementation problems

Journeyman

Re: Check here for Enhanced Messaging/RCS implementation problems

Yea, in android messages it opens in chrome, in the stock app it opens in Samsung browser and I couldn't find a way to change it. Not sure if this is new or not, but I think I would have noticed before. The only way to get it to open in chrome was to disable Samsung browser with a package disabler.
Sprint Product Ambassador

I had to close messaging for a few hours - literally. All messaging apps. Then when I tried it later it worked. Maybe I just got lucky.
Thanks for taking the time to read my posts! My opinions are my own. I just love to play with new tech, talk smack and help people when I'm able. I also like to write/blog about tech. Hope you follow me here and feel free to comment. Thanks!!!
Journeyman

And when you say you had to close it, you mean you force stopped it in the app settings?
Journeyman

I already received the code when it was implemented. I also have calling plus already activated. For some reason rcs will not work. I had the option for group chat and I should be able to use rcs with my husband but can't. After I did the soft reset, ##72786# or whatever it was, the start group chat option completely vanished. I still have chat settings though.

Journeyman

I rarely can go 6 hours without a text, wish I could.

Yes your right It only uses the built in browser.

Yeah... and then I had to will myself not to try again.  I let it go until around 9PM. I figured there'd be no network congestion or other possible reason it shouldn't come through.

It was tough though as I knew people were probably messaging me and I was leaving them hanging. 

Now I have some new features. I can see when other people are typing a reply etc.. 

Thanks for taking the time to read my posts! My opinions are my own. I just love to play with new tech, talk smack and help people when I'm able. I also like to write/blog about tech. Hope you follow me here and feel free to comment. Thanks!!!
GrandMaster

@REANNALYNNE your husband has the same device with enhanced messaging on his phone?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

My Wife.. . she has the GS7 and I have GS8+.

Journeyman

@fireguy_6364 he has the s7.
GrandMaster

if its on Sprint as well i dont believe the S7 line has enhanced messaging as of yet. there is only a handful of devices that have it so far. if he goes into his settings does it mention enhanced messaging or anything along those lines?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

LOL yes the S7 has had it. They eliminated it with the s8. I never would've switched from the 7 if I realized that.  We used it together with the s7.  

I'm not an idiot, and understand how it works with the s7 etc. They just **bleep**ed it up on the s8 implementation. 

GrandMaster

which texting app is used on the S7? Google or the Samsung texting app?
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat