Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check here for Enhanced Messaging/RCS implementation problems

Journeyman

Re: Check here for Enhanced Messaging/RCS implementation problems

Samsung.
GrandMaster

and the S8 is using the Google messaging app or also Samsungs stock messaging app?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

Yeah just helped a friend switch over from AT&T to Sprint with a S8 got the text activated fine for the Enhanced Messaging/RCS. Seems like this just a few that are having issues getting it activated but I'm still keeping a eye out to see if there any news on a fix for those having issues still. 🙂 

GrandMaster

@ShipWreck have you messed around with the enhanced messaging as of yet? im a bit curious to see if the S8 came with Samsungs messaging app or if they opted over to Googles like all the others are..and if for example if someone is using enhanced messaging with the stock samsung texting app if it also shows they read or are replying if they are using the Google messaging app. i would think they wouldnt but not fully sure
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I am using a Sprint Samsung S8 and it did not come with Google / Android messenger installed. It uses Samsung by default. I did download the Google messenger app and used it for a few days because of the issues with this and when I switched back to Samsung it fixed itself. Now when I text my wife who has the same phone I see the enhanced features working. Or somewhat working I should say. The other day I sent her a pic and it showed as sent but she didn't receive it until several hours later. She had full service the whole time. So not sure what the deal was with that... 

Journeyman

I would also like to add that the calling plus is having issues. I just made a call with full service and LTE with calling plus turned on and they couldn't hear me. Tried again and still couldn't hear me. Turned off calling plus. Tried the call again and bingo.. They could hear me. Let's add more features... Errr problems...
GrandMaster

cool so they are not cross compatible..which in a way is i guess good and bad. if someone has enhanced messaging on a different manufacturers device it wont work..well you can text but not see the live typing deal, read etc.
Journeyman

Amazing this is still not fixed. Security updates should be rolling out soon.

Iphone X anyone... elsewhere..

Wizard

@JPhrost  So it's still not accepting the text or your not getting it at all but overall this is a odd issue due to most of the S8's that I have dealt with have had No issues with this. So again its either a setting on the device or a App that could be causing the issue so forth. It will Always vary from device to device because Not everyone has the same settings or Apps installed. Just helped a friend switch over to Sprint with a S8 it pulled in the latest update got the text activated fine. Again I would make sure that the default message app is set to Samsung or try another message app as the default to if the activation will work some have suggested that has helped. Folks might also try getting the device registered on the network and see if that helps.. 

As far as Iphone X

Yeah Iphone X is the best looking Apple device they came out with. But Apple is always playing catch up to Samsung which sets the standard for most other devices. People forget that Samsung so big they are the only one between the two that can make money off their competition the Iphone X is just another good example due to from what I have heard Apple gets their displays from Samsung which makes the X the same size as the S8 as well.. 🙂 

Journeyman

@seawolf can explain it. I never receive the text.

Also it's not just a few of us, other sites are reporting the issue as well as the same issue with the note 8.

Most I think have jumped ship, don't care, dont use it, rooted, or are waiting.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I managed to get the enter code prompt again after using android messaging for a day. It never sent me the code this time though. Still no rcs for me either. @JPhrost

Wizard

@REANNALYNNE So if you get the text with the code does it say if it's been activated?? 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat