cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check here for Enhanced Messaging/RCS implementation problems

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Check here for Enhanced Messaging/RCS implementation problems

It said that initially when it was rolled out but never worked. I can "trick" it to ask for the code again, and I click resend text, but never get a new code. It's never worked on this phone and I have multiple people who I know have it
Sprint Product Ambassador

It's automatic. You never actually see the code come through it just activates successfully and you never get the message again.
Thanks for taking the time to read my posts! My opinions are my own. I just love to play with new tech, talk smack and help people when I'm able. I also like to write/blog about tech. Hope you follow me here and feel free to comment. Thanks!!!
Journeyman

It's never done it successfully though. It's never worked.
Wizard

Oh ok so when you go to your messaging app the default one the Samsung App go to the Settings then Chat Settings what option to do have at the top or whats your first option there?? 

Journeyman

Rich communication settings. Which is activated. Which is not working. I'm not going through this asinine BS for the millionth time in this thread.
Journeyman

Agreed Reannalynne

So tired of stating the same things over and over in this forum and to Sprint representatives. 

Please do not think my lack of posts from this point on means the issue is fixed. I am going to try to refrain from posting here because my attitude towards this topic is getting worse and worse and i do not want to get banned. If the issue ever becomes fixed i will be sure to post then or if a reply is needed for troubleshooting beyond the multitude of other things all of us have tried.

Wizard

I have seen where some have used another default messaging app for a work around look like Textra is one folks have used to get the code to take. Just a thought.. Smiley Happy 

Community Manager

I had a communication about it yesterday but it's pretty bare bones: there's a registration issue between Google and Samsung for some users.  Doesn't matter if it's the stock or the Samsung app.  They are working through it but don't have an effective workaround or way to force registration.  The mini-update that some folks got (what was that, the first?) resolved for some but obviously not everyone.  

I have not posted troubleshooting because there doesn't appear to be a self-service fix at this point.  Refreshing Network Settings (##72786#/##SCRTN#) can help clear out some network cobwebs if there are any, and does no harm, but isn't likely to correct this for people who've done deeper troubleshooting already.  @JPhrost in your case, because I had your info already, I believe they even tried to delete your pending registration with Google.  

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Wizard

Never mind looks like @seawolf posted the info and yes @NewYork_NY  I saw that as well just crazy that people are having this kind of issue with something like this. Hopefully this will work for folks.. Smiley Happy 

Sprint Product Ambassador

yup - that was me Smiley Happy Thanks @ShipWreck

Thanks for taking the time to read my posts! My opinions are my own. I just love to play with new tech, talk smack and help people when I'm able. I also like to write/blog about tech. Hope you follow me here and feel free to comment. Thanks!!!
Wizard

@NewYork_NY Yeah saw that over at AC but hopefully that will help some people for the most part it seems still that a few are having issue with this.. Again hopefully this will help those having the issue.. Smiley Happy  Amazes me how something that should be so simple can get messed up so much but I know it happens.. Smiley Happy 

Journeyman

Just setup two s8's today with enhanced features for my brother and sister in law and both registered fine.

Both were iPhone users before.

So any luck getting our non working ones replaced with NEW ones before the warranty runs out?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat