cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check here for Enhanced Messaging/RCS implementation problems

Community Manager

Re: Check here for Enhanced Messaging/RCS implementation problems

We knew your registration had completed with Google as of yesterday, it's weird to me that it took essentially 24 hours for it to fully show up, but I'm glad it finally did.  I really cannot take any credit here except that I emailed people asking for updates until they're probably rather sick of me.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

@seawolf see, mine used to have that group chat option but nothing in it. I never got that text either. Now the group chat option is gone, too, but I had chat settings available still.

Community Manager

I'll see what I can find out, @REANNALYNNE.  May (likely) will be a few days.   In the meantime, have you done any resets or made any changes to the phone since you initially got the update?  I am super sorry if you've been over this in the thread already, but if you're willing to repeat for me, that would help me.

SeaWolf
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Highlighted
Journeyman

@mersh5 see if you can get your goggle account reset/removed on the backend. @seawolf had mine reset.

Also don't have any other message apps installed.

Journeyman

@seawolf everything. Tried different text apps, did that ##72786# (might not be exact numbers but I think you know what I mean,) I've toggled everything on and off. Calling plus seems to be ok.  Refreshed prl and profile. Everything that's been mentioned in this thread that I'm forgetting.  I would've kept my s7 if I knew I'd have issues.:(

Journeyman

@seawolf what would it take to see if you could reset my Google account? 

Community Manager

I personally can't do it, but I can ask some folks to look into the logs and registrations and see what's up.

Because I manage this community and Boost's as well, I don't always get to read entire threads.  I'm saying that because that means that I may have to ask you to repeat some things you've already said.  I'll hit you up in PM and we can see what we can see 🙂

SeaWolf

Journeyman

@REANNALYNNE see if you can get @seawolf to talk to someone and look at your logs. 

I am not seeing any s7 people on my list yet though.

I now suspect it has to do something with our Google accounts which would explain why it's not everyone. I also suspect it has to do with Android Messages that I had used prior to this phone with enhanced features. I will eventually put Android Messages back on and see if it completes it's enhanced message setup. I just don't want to mess it up.Screenshot_20170920-183057.jpg

Journeyman

I was able to play with a customers s8+ today and her group chat was there when she got it and now it's gone @REANNALYNNE. I removed all other message apps - Textra and Android Messages so only the stock Samsung Messages app was installed. I closed all apps and opened the stock messenger, the stock messenger asked for enhanced features to be enabled again, I hit yes and it sent another text and autofilled the white 5 minute window. Then the start group chat was there again. 

Journeyman

Also you do not need to start group chat everytime, here are my settings.Screenshot_20170920-191406.jpg

This is the awesome feature working.Screenshot_20170920-185338.jpg

Journeyman

So my start group chat was missing today as well as the calling plus icon at the top. I was still able to chat with my wife. Clicked on her chat thread and clicked on the top - three lines and it says switch to chat. Normally it says switch to sms/mms. Rebooted the phone and the call plus icon was back as well as the start group chat. Very touchy software....

Journeyman

seawolf,

Can you have them reset my google account? I just helped a neighbor with their new S8+ and the enhanced messaging features worked and she got the text within seconds.  Mine still isn't working.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat