Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check here for Enhanced Messaging/RCS implementation problems

Journeyman

Re: Check here for Enhanced Messaging/RCS implementation problems

Nothing seems to work that

Sprint Social Care

Hello jennl0309. Sorry, we still don't have an update on this issue. This thread will be updated once we have the resolution at hand. Thanks for your patience.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

@seawolf @Sprint_Juan can you have my registration deleted? I believe mine is failing

Journeyman

@REANNALYNNE the S7's default messaging app's Enhanced Messaging isn't compatible with the S8 or Note 8. Your husband will have to install Android Messages to send Enhanced Messages to your S8. You can still use the default messaging app on the S8.

Highlighted
Journeyman

All this time no one told me this. I've been working with sprint people non-stop. Thank you. When he switched to android messages, it worked. 

Journeyman

I'm having the same issues with sprint and have been a long time customer.  I plan on leaving then when my contract is up 

Wizard

So again everyone phone will be configured differently and will have different settings as well as app installed on the device. First I would start out trying to use the default messaging app make sure it is up to date which mean first you must make sure to have a Samsung Account to get updates from the galaxy app store. Second you can try other messaging app as well to see if that will work again folks need to Always remember some users devices will have issues some will not Again everyone device is Not configured the same and it does not Always matter who the carrier is. So again make sure to go over these things due to sometimes things get over looked.. Smiley Happy 

Journeyman

Got enhanced messaging working. I waited 24 hours from the last "registration failed" before I made another attempt. Before the next attempt, I updated the PRL and the profile then powered down the phone for 1 minute.

Once rebooted, I opened Samsung's messaging app. I received a notification about new features. I pressed "start" then received another message that the app needed a confirmation code.

The confirmation code then auto-populated and the enhanced messaging was activated.
Wizard

@Sherweaz Yeah I have seen where some had to power down then got the message correctly then they were able to activate it. Either way glad it's working now for you.. Smiley Happy 

Journeyman

I would like to test out the features
Community Manager

Do you have an S8/8+ or Note 8?  You can enable the features, if so Smiley Happy

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

Yes I have a S8+. I saw someone in the thread willing to exchange numbers to test out these features. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat