cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check here for Enhanced Messaging/RCS implementation problems

Highlighted
Community Manager

Check here for Enhanced Messaging/RCS implementation problems

Update:  Some S8/8+ and Note 8 users who have been experiencing issues RCS registration may benefit from the tips that @Troy_Glidden lays out for us in his recent RCS Fix blog article

Multiple users are reporting issues with the installation/implementation of Enhanced Messaging (Rich Communications) functionality on the S8/8+.  These issues may include:

• Failure to receive a confirmation message (which in turn means that RCS is not enabled)
  • Receiving multiple confirmation messages, sometimes those messages state that Enhanced Messaging Update has failed
  • Inability to toggle RCS on in Messages: Settings: Chat Settings

To be clear: it's not necessary to input the confirmation number into a field in order to get RCS to work.  That code is absorbed by the app itself when it's successfully installed in the system.

Q:  How can you tell if RCS/Enhanced Messaging is working on your device (assuming you are able to toggle it on)?

• Enhanced Messaging/RCS only works when BOTH parties have it and have it turned on.  When your message recipient also has RCS enabled, your message "send" button should be green.  You should see "chat here" instead of "message here" in the composition window.  You should also be able to toggle Read Receipts on.  

**Sprint and Samsung also pushed a fix to several Samsung devices which should help with MMS and SMS messages delayed 12 hours.  Be sure that your software is up to date in order to get the most benefit from this update ** 

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

477 REPLIES 477
Highlighted
Community Manager

Samsung is actively investigating a known issue with delayed texts and MMS.  If you are coming to this thread because you have delayed texts and/or MMS please see this thread or this thread for more information.

If you are having issues enabling RCS on your Samsung 8, please let us know exactly what is happening (or not happening) so that we can try to assist.

SeaWolf
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Highlighted

I have been waiting for quite a while since it was released and every day I try to update my profile and PRL and then power off for a minute and then try to register and it still isn't working 🙂

Highlighted

I got both my wife and myself enhanced messaging working, I did also check another Note 8 settings (T-Mobile) but it's not working.

Highlighted

I am having the same problem, just switched to the note8 and I am not getting the verification code, I am trying to use the stock messaging app, and I tried using Android messaging. Still nothing.

Highlighted

Getting the message that there's "New Messaging Features" when you click on "Start" the message goes away and then eventually you get a Registration failed message. which then triggers the original message about new features to pop up again and you're just in this vicious cycle with nothing to do.
Highlighted

Download app carrier services
Highlighted

I downloaded Carrier Services and it didn't seem to make any difference

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the Galaxy Note 8 and am having this issue.  What is the status of this, now that it is November and the post was from August?

Highlighted

@lolaprei Are you getting the SMS that confirms features are enabled?  Getting it more than once?  Are you able to see Rich Communications Settings in you Settings:  Chat Settings menu?

Same questions for you @likearaptor and @Active_Matrix

@RICKETKM23  did you finally get yours working on the Note?

SeaWolf

Highlighted

I have the same issue on S8. Getting the notification every time I go to the messaging app. Not able to see Rich Comm the chat settings - is grayed out. Please help, this is very annoying

Highlighted

Highlighted

Hello jul1anl. Thanks for taking the time to bring this up, we will be happy to investigate this for you. Please reply back to my Private Message as soon as you can.

Palmira
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat