cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check here for Enhanced Messaging/RCS implementation problems

Highlighted
Community Manager

Check here for Enhanced Messaging/RCS implementation problems

Update:  Some S8/8+ and Note 8 users who have been experiencing issues RCS registration may benefit from the tips that @Troy_Glidden lays out for us in his recent RCS Fix blog article

Multiple users are reporting issues with the installation/implementation of Enhanced Messaging (Rich Communications) functionality on the S8/8+.  These issues may include:

• Failure to receive a confirmation message (which in turn means that RCS is not enabled)
  • Receiving multiple confirmation messages, sometimes those messages state that Enhanced Messaging Update has failed
  • Inability to toggle RCS on in Messages: Settings: Chat Settings

To be clear: it's not necessary to input the confirmation number into a field in order to get RCS to work.  That code is absorbed by the app itself when it's successfully installed in the system.

Q:  How can you tell if RCS/Enhanced Messaging is working on your device (assuming you are able to toggle it on)?

• Enhanced Messaging/RCS only works when BOTH parties have it and have it turned on.  When your message recipient also has RCS enabled, your message "send" button should be green.  You should see "chat here" instead of "message here" in the composition window.  You should also be able to toggle Read Receipts on.  

**Sprint and Samsung also pushed a fix to several Samsung devices which should help with MMS and SMS messages delayed 12 hours.  Be sure that your software is up to date in order to get the most benefit from this update ** 

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

477 REPLIES 477
Highlighted

I do have two SMS confirming it was enabled, but it continued to ask for the code.  The setting was available in messenger, but after utililzing tech support via the app, Sprint by phone and Samsung by phone and numerous resets it no longer appears.  I keep being asked for the code.

Highlighted

So just got two more confirmations and now the rich setting is there and on.  But it still wants me to register every stinking time I open the app.  Grr

Highlighted

I'm going to have an agent contact you and get some information @lolaprei.  We'll kick this up to have it looked at.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Highlighted

Good morning lolaprei! We have sent you a private message requesting some information to get to the bottom of this issue. Please reply back at your earliest convenience.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Thank you, for getting back with me so quick..

Highlighted

Hello rlrabon, please delete your personal information from your post. We are going to post an update as soon as we get one.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

I turned off CALLING PLUS and re-did the registration, I then received the verification text. But since some GBOARD features do not work with Samsungs Messages app I reverted back to Google Message as my default message app. Not sure how that effects the RCS side of things not using Samsungs stock app. 

Highlighted

First everyone should make sure they have a Samsung Account then make sure to check your Galaxy Apps Store. They just pushed out a update to the store a couple of days ago and from there folks should check for updates for their Apps there as well. Saying all of this Samsung just pushed out a update for the Samsung Experience Service which had some fixes for SMS so forth.. 

Highlighted

Yes I was able to get it to work on both my note 8 n my wife's S8. Also notice it turn bad on and off when I go to different locations in NJ, could be due to spotty service.
Highlighted

I have had issues with RCS since the installation, I only have one contact with enhanced messaging but am having trouble sending messages to and receiving messages from him. If he sends me a message his phone states "delivered" but I don't receive it, if I send him a message using chat it won't go through, states its sending but fails. If I send a picture it will go through but he receives a blurry or pixelated image. If I turn off RCS and resend the pics he receives them just fine.  He has other contacts that have enhanced messaging and has no problems receiving pics or messages from them.

Highlighted

I also posted under calling plus because I have problems there too.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Was this issue resolved. I am having the same issue with my note 8

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat