cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check here for Enhanced Messaging/RCS implementation problems

Community Manager

Check here for Enhanced Messaging/RCS implementation problems

Update:  Some S8/8+ and Note 8 users who have been experiencing issues RCS registration may benefit from the tips that @Troy_Glidden lays out for us in his recent RCS Fix blog article

Multiple users are reporting issues with the installation/implementation of Enhanced Messaging (Rich Communications) functionality on the S8/8+.  These issues may include:

• Failure to receive a confirmation message (which in turn means that RCS is not enabled)
  • Receiving multiple confirmation messages, sometimes those messages state that Enhanced Messaging Update has failed
  • Inability to toggle RCS on in Messages: Settings: Chat Settings

To be clear: it's not necessary to input the confirmation number into a field in order to get RCS to work.  That code is absorbed by the app itself when it's successfully installed in the system.

Q:  How can you tell if RCS/Enhanced Messaging is working on your device (assuming you are able to toggle it on)?

• Enhanced Messaging/RCS only works when BOTH parties have it and have it turned on.  When your message recipient also has RCS enabled, your message "send" button should be green.  You should see "chat here" instead of "message here" in the composition window.  You should also be able to toggle Read Receipts on.  

**Sprint and Samsung also pushed a fix to several Samsung devices which should help with MMS and SMS messages delayed 12 hours.  Be sure that your software is up to date in order to get the most benefit from this update ** 

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

477 REPLIES 477
Journeyman

Re: Check here for Enhanced Messaging/RCS implementation problems

This pertains to the stock Messages app and Android Messages. Android Messages enable process is a little different then the stock Messenges app but incorporates some of the same read receipt and chat features.

Journeyman

Thanks, I'll be following this closely. 

Wizard

Also I have pointed this out before but folks need to make sure to keep their stock message apps updated as well. First folks need to make sure to have a Samsung Account then just check for updates through Galaxy Apps like you would through the Google Play Store. This will keep all of your built in Apps from Samsung Updated. From what I can tell the latest version of the Samsung Messaging App or built in is Version 4.2.02.13

ShipWreck.. Smiley Happy 

Journeyman

This is driving me nuts.  Downloaded the update yesterday and since then this notification comes up EVERY TIME i open my Text Message app.  I have done everything everyone has suggested, and still no dice.  Never sends a code, and when i hit "resend" after the 5:00 countdown, nothing happens.  Do we just need to wait for a software fix which could take weeks?

Journeyman

I have the exact same problem. I contact tech expert, customer service, Samsung and it seems none of them can fix the problem currently. I received two codes last night, but didn't enter them into the verification code box and deleted the codes because i didn't see the code box to enter them into. Now it doesn't send me any codes more codes after those first two codes and the push notification keeps coming up every time I enter into the messages.

Journeyman

Yes I'm having the same issues. 2 codes were sent, both failed. Now it will not send another code.
Journeyman

Well, I never received my activation code at all.  So every time I open my message app, it annoys me with the pop-up about entering my code.

How do I get a code?  My Samsung S8 is only 1 day old and already this is annoying me!

Journeyman

Same problem here

Got two codes which didn't work

Now no new code being sent

Annoying message every time I open messages to activate

Journeyman

Same here. Really annoying.

Journeyman

To everyone who keeps getting the pop-up I would suggest installing a 3rd party messaging app in the meantime while this bug gets figured out. That is what I did.

Journeyman

What is the update? It's been almost 48 hours since general release and still no change.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat